AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Mxpx News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Mike from MxPx Looking for Intern

Posted by - 02:15 PM on 01/20/12
Mike from MxPx is looking for an intern. Hit him up on twitter if you're interested.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
02:35 PM on 01/20/12
mattyrocks
User Info.
damn if only i didnt have obligations...
03:21 PM on 01/20/12
Davey_Owens
User Info.
Pretty sure having an "intern" in the state of Washington that isn't getting real college credit is illegal, unless it's a paid internship.
03:43 PM on 01/20/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
Pretty sure having an "intern" in the state of Washington that isn't getting real college credit is illegal, unless it's a paid internship.
well he didn't say it wasn't paid.

Wish I lived in the area. I'd be all over this
04:08 PM on 01/20/12
Davey_Owens
User Info.
well he didn't say it wasn't paid.

Wish I lived in the area. I'd be all over this
Yes, yes he did. "Emphasis on the word intern. Meaning Someone wanting experience, work for free and learn. That is your payment!"
04:44 PM on 01/20/12
Acc3ptance
Stalk On!
User Info.
to far south otherwise id be all over this
04:48 PM on 01/20/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
Yes, yes he did. "Emphasis on the word intern. Meaning Someone wanting experience, work for free and learn. That is your payment!"
well I was going off the info from the linked tweet. You should have linked the "work for free" part in your original post, as well as your post quoting me.
04:51 PM on 01/20/12
Davey_Owens
User Info.
well I was going off the info from the linked tweet. You should have linked the "work for free" part in your original post, as well as your post quoting me.
You should have assumed from my first post that there was more to the story that you were missing out on and did the work yourself.
05:41 PM on 01/20/12
aolsux
phase reverse
User Info.
if this was a local bakery looking for interns, then working pro bono is understandable, but a band? give me a fucking break, if he doesn't pay, no one should take that position, I take it as literally saying, "you will drop everything and become my slave..."
06:17 PM on 01/20/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
You should have assumed from my first post that there was more to the story that you were missing out on and did the work yourself.
"should have assumed"
06:28 PM on 01/20/12
MyFriendsOver
Your pictures are already burned.
User Info.
Haha it would be cool if I was younger and didn't do school plus work. Helping Mike would be awesome, plus I bet you'd hear all kinds of stories.
07:04 PM on 01/20/12
Davey_Owens
User Info.
if this was a local bakery looking for interns, then working pro bono is understandable, but a band? give me a fucking break, if he doesn't pay, no one should take that position, I take it as literally saying, "you will drop everything and become my slave..."
I've done 2 internships in the last year, one with a pretty successful music producer and one with a post production company. I learned a great deal in exchange for sweeping some floors. Mike's saying it will include "hard labor", and this just leads me to view this as "Come shovel my sidewalks and I'll show you how to put together a press kit". Mad respect for MXPX and all he's done there, but this seems ridiculous.
07:45 PM on 01/20/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Personal assistant? No, thank you.
01:44 AM on 01/21/12
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
Surprised people aren't more excited about this. I'd drink his piss if he taught me how to write pop-punk songs driven by power chords. You know, the things you can't learn by yourself.
12:06 PM on 01/21/12
ben mears
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i agree with the posts so far: sounds like a crock of shit. also sounds like he is using his "fame" to rope some fans in to do his dirty work.

if you have nothing else going on, didn't have to worry about making money to pay bills, this would be cool. but, the only people who fit that category are 15 year olds. i wouldn't trust some random 15 year old fan.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos