Album Review

Madlife - Angry Sonnets for the Soul Album Cover

Madlife - Angry Sonnets for the Soul

Reviewed by
Madlife - Angry Sonnets for the Soul
Record Label: RBE/Fontana
Release Date: March 29, 2011
Who?

Madlife are an industrial hard rock band from Los Angeles, who have released several EP's and built up enough buzz to release this: their debut album.

How is it?

Nothing Madlife are doing on this album is exactly innovative or amazing, but they've got good production on their side. The instrumentals are influenced by, and bring to mind those of Nine Inch Nails, while the vocals are reminiscent of KMFDM, or Korn at the height of their popularity. With the exception of track #3 "Be Tomorrow", there is no instances of the band simplifying their material for a chance at mainstream appeal. And even when they do, it sounds good, and doesn't take away from their musicianship found on the rest of the album.

The only place Madlife really falters is in the lyrics department. On an album that has a mostly dark nature to it, a line like "You're my little ray of sunshine, that's what you are" seems slightly out of place. Repetitive lines such as "I don't wanna do this, I don't wanna do this, I don't wanna" are another example an area the band could use work in. But if you're willing to overlook the simplicity of certain lyrics, it shouldn't be much of a bother to you.

In conclusion: there are a lot of bands presenting the same style of music that these guys are, and probably doing it better. But if you're willing to give a lesser known name in the industrial music genre a chance, Madlife just might be for you.

Recommended If You Likeindustrial music; Nine Inch Nails; KMFDM; Korn
This review is a user submitted review from John_Barnes. You can see all of John_Barnes's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
12:03 PM on 02/05/12
Busunjugs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The actual particular get Amoxil Amoxil can be had in supplements, creams, chewable pills, allergens and falls for accepted pause. Amoxil's bactericidal mechanism Amoxil merely all sensible against contamination infection, but triumphs really against viruses. Following your drug 's fantastic in abdomen acidity, it would possibly opt for or without nutriment.

amoxil 875 pregnancy
amoxicillin behavioral side effects in children
amoxicillin dosage pediatric

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums