This Is a Movement - 01.24.12
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
This Is a Movement
1. How did you get your band name?
We were originally called "This Is It" unfortunately Michael Jacksons movie of the same name completely ruined that. It got to the point were some people actually thought we were a Michael Jackson cover band.
2. How did this band get started?
We all met in high school and came from different bands.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We all come from different influences mainly bands like Hot Water Music, Minus The Bear and Explosions in the Sky
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Probably Motley Crue in the '80s. I mean they totally suck. but god damn we would have a good time.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Our last tour we pretty much survived solely on Sheetz gas station food. Its cheap, good and light on the shits!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because were better than Skrillex and All Time Low
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I think I speak for all of us when I say STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN.
8. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
9. Memorable tour experience?
Our best memories are probably not that interesting to others. One of the funniest times was having rap battles while sleeping at rest stops and Wal Mart parking lots. Its the little things that make it fun.
10. What does AP.net mean to you?
Opportunity for bands of all levels to share their music.
11. What is your favorite song to play?
I think we all get a hard on for "Sleep Well"
12. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Backseat of our van.
13. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Blink-182 or anything off Punk-O-Rama 5
14. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Before every show, we always take a minute to pray to our lord and savior Satan.
15. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Our guitar player is English.
16. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
If your referring to standard FM radio, then no. Radio stations for some reason think rock died after Nickleback. The only "Rock" stations out there only play Butt-Rock and Classic oldies. I see internet Radio as an awesome tool but thanks to Clear Channel, modern FM radio is not a valid source for anyone to find new music.
17. What do you like to do in your spare time?
My stare time is mostly spent booking shows or designing something new for the band.
18. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can throw a pig skin a quarter mile!
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |
Buy The Music