Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Best Posts of the Week: January 21st - 27th

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/27/12)
TGIF. Thankfully it's Friday, and that means it's time to look at the nominees for best posts of the week. I saw last week someone mention the idea about a full on awards show where the posters on these lists the most, at the end of the year, getting some kind of trophy/prize. I'm all about that come next December. This week had a lot of nominations, quite a few funny moments (that definitely play better in context with the thread) - and this was, for me at least, an extremely fun week on the website. Just like last week - I had staff help me compile the posts we found to be worthy of inclusion. Unfortunately, I didn't see anything worthy of worst post of the week. Well, there were a few in the politics forum - but that could win every week. If you click on the little arrow thingy next to the username, you'll be able to go see the post in the thread it originated in ... context, sometimes, helps.

Best Posts of the Week: January 21st - 27th

I'm sorry but am I supposed to know/care who these people are? I just showed up for the middle fingers.

alright, who do I need to offend today?

This worked perfectly the day after the cluster fuck of a thread, and Evan just being our favorite smart-ass.

Two Lights, Y U No Famous? You spend $100,000- Y U NO FAMOUS????

This thread had quite a few great ones ...

They tacked on 20 years for having a girl's name.

J.C's posts work so well in the context of a thread. This was about MegaUpload's criminal founder, Kim ... and as I'm reading all these serious posts, this one shows up ... perfect timing.

Things that wouldn't surprise me:

- Two Lights also just paid a thousand dollars last week for someone to revamp their myspace page. "It's coming back!" they said.
- Two Lights paid to get AJ Perdomo guest sing one on of their songs
- Two Lights tweets to celebrities, "It's my birthday, can I get an RT?" even when it's not their birthday.
- Two Lights will drop out of NYU a semester before graduation so they could prep for playing the Coachella parking lot for free. "Lots of publicity there, we're sure to get noticed!"

I think this is Anton's third week on these charts ... just perfect. The RT for a fake birthday: priceless.

But they just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geico.

My favorite post of the week. Was just perfectly executed.

AP.net threads are like family reunions. You see a few old friends, you have that niece that's showing her butt on cam, the backwalker family represented by their step son whose only met them a few times, great uncle Randy whose just there for the shits and giggles and free beer.

Shit, does that mean that they hacked tom's computer...?

Perfectly landed blink-182 style humor ... in a thread full of blink-182 style jokes just waiting to be made.

"So, how did you guys come up with the name of the band?"
I really hope someone asks The Madden Brothers this question during an interview.

This week also saw the return of ReplieswithGifs ... he'd been MIA for a few days. Gotta say, his inclusion in a thread - always makes it better. My favorites? Here, here, here, and here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 52
12:41 PM on 01/27/12
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Steve Holt!
12:42 PM on 01/27/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
12:49 PM on 01/27/12
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
I am honored
01:09 PM on 01/27/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Anton's was so perfect.

2-1 isn't a bad record, hopefully see you next week as well.
01:12 PM on 01/27/12
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
Again, honored... Third week in a row = Boomshakalaka

01:14 PM on 01/27/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Again, honored... Third week in a row = Boomshakalaka

01:22 PM on 01/27/12
cmccloskey
To Here Knows When
User Info.
It has been awesome here lately.

(I'm still laughing from the Two Lights thread)
01:43 PM on 01/27/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
This is a cool idea. Some funny stuff showing up.
Any way to put a +/- on the user comments? That way it's a lot easier to track the most popular ones.
01:45 PM on 01/27/12
Ryan Dennehy
the thing with the used is that they are so unqiue and different from the rest of the bands out there that a lot of people (like you i suppose) just cant handle the different unqiue sound and music the used make

There were quite a few similar gems in that thread.
01:47 PM on 01/27/12
Eraux
Nothing Important Happened Today.
User Info.
Thanks Tate! I really hope someone asks them that too- I would follow it up with "How long did it take to come up with the name?"
01:50 PM on 01/27/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
I wonder if there will ever be a post put in the Best Posts Of The Week from the previous Best Posts Of The Week thread.
01:51 PM on 01/27/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
This is a cool idea. Some funny stuff showing up.
Any way to put a +/- on the user comments? That way it's a lot easier to track the most popular ones.
It's on the new website.

01:51 PM on 01/27/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I wonder if there will ever be a post put in the Best Posts Of The Week from the previous Best Posts Of The Week thread.
Haha. A quote of a quote, if you will.
01:52 PM on 01/27/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
It's on the new website.

Sneak peak! Perfect way to start the weekend. Solid work man.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests