Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 45
01:55 PM on 01/29/12
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.
They aren't. There is one bonus track with the Equal Vision pre-order bundle and 2 bonus tracks with the iTunes pre-order. Three different songs.
Man, that's so stupid. I already spent 60$ on the fucking bundle. I'm not going to spend another 16$ (CAD) for 2 bonus tracks and a video. Downloading that shit.
01:57 PM on 01/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Man, that's so stupid. I already spent 60$ on the fucking bundle. I'm not going to spend another 16$ (CAD) for 2 bonus tracks and a video. Downloading that shit.
same. I support artist all the time but I am in no way paying for itunes exclusive tracks. maybe if I could buy them separate. The album was great and worth supporting but physical>itunes any day.
02:01 PM on 01/29/12
Kdenisarealboy
User Info.
same. I support artist all the time but I am in no way paying for itunes exclusive tracks. maybe if I could buy them separate. The album was great and worth supporting but physical>itunes any day.
Yeah, this all the way. It's like, I've been to 4 of their shows, at which I have bought 2 shirts each time, bought a physical copy of every album that's still available, and then this shit happens. So fucking stupid.
02:04 PM on 01/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Yeah, this all the way. It's like, I've been to 4 of their shows, at which I have bought 2 shirts each time, bought a physical copy of every album that's still available, and then this shit happens. So fucking stupid.
Well its nothing new importantly. I mean I am happy we are getting 3 bonus tracks. I like that they are separate. I also don't think those who buy digital need any more push to buy music. They could of easily made those CD or Vinyl exclusive tracks. I mean who collects bonus tracks (hardcore fans, music collectors, and CD/LP owners). I get that itunes contracts them to add exclusive content but it just shows another reason why the service is shit.
02:04 PM on 01/29/12
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
CD sales are backwards. itunes gets the bonus tracks yet physical CDs get standard. You would think it would be the other way around especially with how little compensation bands get from itunes. I like that we get lots of bonus tracks but how is it ever fair to people who spends loads to get physical copies with it or support the band way in advance before pre-orders on itunes are available.
I have never been able to understand that myself. As someone who appreciates the physical product, I would like it if it was given the exclusive material.
02:05 PM on 01/29/12
Twikki
Continuous Thunder
User Info.
This is exactly what's wrong with this industry and this is exactly what is going to make this album bail.

I fucking love Say Anything. But seriously? No statement? No pushing dates? No music video? No DECENT preorders*?

and then you get to the actual content of the album itself, with thought provoking lyrics such as, "you look so good tonight" and "the crap rains down".

*by decent preorders I mean to the standard of their self titled where there were bonus tracks galore as well as another disc full of demos.
02:07 PM on 01/29/12
nickstetina
User Info.
I realized after listening to the new Person L/Weatherbox split 7" that Weatherbox satisfies everything I wanted 'Anarchy, My Dear' (and Say Anything these days in general) to be.
02:09 PM on 01/29/12
Kdenisarealboy
User Info.
This is exactly what's wrong with this industry and this is exactly what is going to make this album bail.

I fucking love Say Anything. But seriously? No statement? No pushing dates? No music video? No DECENT preorders*?

and then you get to the actual content of the album itself, with thought provoking lyrics such as, "you look so good tonight" and "the crap rains down".

*by decent preorders I mean to the standard of their self titled where there were bonus tracks galore as well as another disc full of demos.
02:09 PM on 01/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.

I will admit pre-orders could be better and arguably I loved the album (probably my second favorite SA album). I think the problem is too much emphasis is put on the digital product these days. The physical pre-orders carried 1 unique thing and that is the Flag. That I did want so I went for. They do have a CD with a bonus track but does not really change much cause a Japanese or UK release of the album is likely to have the bonus tracks as well. I wish the pre-orders made a bit more sense (especially with the leak) regardless of the majority opinion of the album so far.
02:24 PM on 01/29/12
nowFace
You're irreversible
User Info.
not really. i hate this shit with any cd pre-order on itunes
what?
02:26 PM on 01/29/12
nowFace
You're irreversible
User Info.
Im pretty sure Say Anything has nothing to do with the pricing bundles and the Itunes preorders.....
02:29 PM on 01/29/12
nowFace
You're irreversible
User Info.
I will admit pre-orders could be better and arguably I loved the album (probably my second favorite SA album). I think the problem is too much emphasis is put on the digital product these days. The physical pre-orders carried 1 unique thing and that is the Flag. That I did want so I went for. They do have a CD with a bonus track but does not really change much cause a Japanese or UK release of the album is likely to have the bonus tracks as well. I wish the pre-orders made a bit more sense (especially with the leak) regardless of the majority opinion of the album so far.
nvm I see what your getting at.
02:57 PM on 01/29/12
sdisticsquirrel
the prophet
User Info.
Same thing happened with the last release where I bought the limited edition box set but iTunes still gets exclusive stuff. Laaaaaaame.
I'd be pissed too. I'm too broke to get the deluxe pre-order package, so I'll be pre-ordering on iTunes. I hate it, but I want extra songs.
03:00 PM on 01/29/12
robotswalk
friendly user
User Info.
yes
03:12 PM on 01/29/12
thesinkingship
this boat is obviously sinking
User Info.
Same thing happened with the last release where I bought the limited edition box set but iTunes still gets exclusive stuff. Laaaaaaame.
Yeah, but SA isn't the band this has happened to. When Coheed released Year of the Black Rainbow iTunes had a bonus track that wasn't on the physical deluxe. Then, I'm pretty sure Claudio or someone in the band posted the bonus track to mediafire and linked it on Cobalt and Calcium (the fan site).

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos