Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 45
04:14 PM on 01/29/12
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.
I'd be pissed too. I'm too broke to get the deluxe pre-order package, so I'll be pre-ordering on iTunes. I hate it, but I want extra songs.
Dude, let's trade-sies

I get you the bonus track from the bundle, and you send me the bonus tracks from iTunes!
04:15 PM on 01/29/12
BigAl
Here, have a sword.
User Info.
I was hoping they'd have the deluxe version in the Canadian iTunes store, but no dice so far.
04:15 PM on 01/29/12
Twikki
Continuous Thunder
User Info.
I will admit pre-orders could be better and arguably I loved the album (probably my second favorite SA album). I think the problem is too much emphasis is put on the digital product these days. The physical pre-orders carried 1 unique thing and that is the Flag. That I did want so I went for. They do have a CD with a bonus track but does not really change much cause a Japanese or UK release of the album is likely to have the bonus tracks as well. I wish the pre-orders made a bit more sense (especially with the leak) regardless of the majority opinion of the album so far.

Fair play man, i'm not going to be THAT guy who tries to get his opinion forced on other people. Heck, my favourite Say Anything album is 'In Defense of the Genre'. I just think it's entirely unprofessional that no one has acted upon this and it's clearly going to affect sales.

I was really stoked when I first heard "Burn a Miracle" but, after downloading the album, I just can't get into it. It just seems forced. "Admit it Again" started out incredible but it became something awful.

You're no RepliesWithGIFS but I laughed
04:16 PM on 01/29/12
thesinkingship
Hummingbirds who lost the plot
User Info.
Also, I think it important to point out that Equal Vision is responsible for how the album is sold.
05:03 PM on 01/29/12
BottleRocket
Roll Tide Roll
User Info.
Yeah, but SA isn't the band this has happened to. When Coheed released Year of the Black Rainbow iTunes had a bonus track that wasn't on the physical deluxe. Then, I'm pretty sure Claudio or someone in the band posted the bonus track to mediafire and linked it on Cobalt and Calcium (the fan site).
Yeah, I've been through this with other bands too. Fans want and are willing to drop the money for an expensive deluxe bundle but then they get screwed over with stuff like this and miss out on bsides that are often only purchasable with the complete album. In a worst case scenario there's "pre-order only" and they're gone after the release. Shit, I'd be willing to pay the $1.29 or whatever for the tracks I'm missing but that's usually not the case.

Of course, you can try and find them online but with some bands it can be hard.
05:06 PM on 01/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Yeah, I've been through this with other bands too. Fans want and are willing to drop the money for an expensive deluxe bundle but then they get screwed over with stuff like this and miss out on bsides that are often only purchasable with the complete album. In a worst case scenario there's "pre-order only" and they're gone after the release. Shit, I'd be willing to pay the $1.29 or whatever for the tracks I'm missing but that's usually not the case.

Of course, you can try and find them online but with some bands it can be hard.
Killing Time by Bayside had a b-side that was pre-order only. If not for the thread for b-sides it would of been annoying to find.
07:27 PM on 01/29/12
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
I wouldn't call a demo version of a song already on the album a "real" bonus track. Excited about the other new song though!
07:54 PM on 01/29/12
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
Nah.
08:04 PM on 01/29/12
nowFace
Merry xmas from The Sopranos.
User Info.
I realized after listening to the new Person L/Weatherbox split 7" that Weatherbox satisfies everything I wanted 'Anarchy, My Dear' (and Say Anything these days in general) to be.
You know I was gonna respond negatively to this but I was listening to Follow the Rattle the other day and felt kinda the same way. Except that I am very biased towards SA and will never dislike any new music from them, but will admit that Weatherbox feels like the direction that old SA should have took to satisfy all these peeps complaining about AMD. Like I said I love SA though so I don't care either way.
08:16 PM on 01/29/12
nickstetina
User Info.
You know I was gonna respond negatively to this but I was listening to Follow the Rattle the other day and felt kinda the same way. Except that I am very biased towards SA and will never dislike any new music from them, but will admit that Weatherbox feels like the direction that old SA should have took to satisfy all these peeps complaining about AMD. Like I said I love SA though so I don't care either way.
Haha. Yeah, "Weatherbox feels like the direction that old SA should have took to satisfy all these peeps complaining about AMD" is just pretty much how I feel. So, instead of dwelling on how comparisons were drawn to IARB and AMD by Max prior to the release that just really skewing my expectations, I am just going to let Weatherbox fill that void and try to enjoy AMD for what it is.
01:06 AM on 01/30/12
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
I realized after listening to the new Person L/Weatherbox split 7" that Weatherbox satisfies everything I wanted 'Anarchy, My Dear' (and Say Anything these days in general) to be.
Amen.
07:18 AM on 01/30/12
axel182
User Info.
Wanna listen! Loved the album, especially the songs with sherri!
08:02 AM on 01/30/12
dubey
trillest
User Info.
Why are people complaining? You're just going to download those bonus songs anyway.
12:30 PM on 01/30/12
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.
Why are people complaining? You're just going to download those bonus songs anyway.
Because I'd rather get them with my overpriced "duluxe" physical edition of the album.
06:00 PM on 01/30/12
Mistle
User Info.
On the Australian iTunes the bonus track is the "Anarchy, My Dear" demo instead of "So Good".

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos