User Info.
love these dudes!

ballin

- Gunz
03:47 AM on 02/02/12
Nexus Strife
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Haha, you actually nailed most of them (Halo, Hide and Seek, California Girls)... There were some other ones that if I were to sit down and listen to the record again I could probably remember.

When it happens once or twice on an album, I typically let it slide. But when it's a reoccurring theme across the whole album, I feel like I have to say something...

And I guess it's the way they build the chorus until the cut out and start chanting "Fallout" that reminds me of the ending rendition of the "Battlefield" chorus.
I have to agree with what you're saying. I love the album, the vocals, and music, but many of them melodies of it get too similar to some other songs. Thankfully, it's not whole songs and only just parts of them, but still. Like it's only the first part of No Place Like Home that souns like Hide and Seek, my favorite part of the song is the last three minutes of it - beautifully eclectic.
05:34 AM on 02/02/12
i_was_a_lid
And This is How
User Info.
Where the fuck is the rest of the band? Also showing an awkward guy running from obviously green screened explosives is cool, for like one shot, not an entire video. /rant

Regardless, I enjoy this band
06:43 AM on 02/02/12
CurtisFFI
User Info.
Awww my labelmates <3
07:15 AM on 02/02/12
j4callen
User Info.
Dude sings his ass off. Still can't get over the Nickleback pre-chorus though. Ruins it every time for me. And the person who mentioned them kind of aping a few big songs from the last few years on their catchier tracks is absolutely right.
07:21 AM on 02/02/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Canadians can watch here.
07:27 AM on 02/02/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Dude sings his ass off. Still can't get over the Nickleback pre-chorus though. Ruins it every time for me. And the person who mentioned them kind of aping a few big songs from the last few years on their catchier tracks is absolutely right.
I doubt I willl ever hear the Nickleback thing and probably for the best.
07:42 AM on 02/02/12
Dubui_209
This is endless and I know.
User Info.
I feel like I can go through their new album and with every song point out the mainstream pop song that "inspired" it...

For example, this song is their remake of Jordin Sparks' "Battlefield," their song "Toy Soldiers" is way too reminiscent of Adam Lambert's "What Do You Want From Me," etc...
Desperate Measures has some "Teenage Dream," "California Gurls," and "Blow
in it. I knew I heard toy soldiers in it somewhere, but with all that, I'm still a fan of the album. Aoty for me.
07:44 AM on 02/02/12
Dubui_209
This is endless and I know.
User Info.
Where the fuck is the rest of the band? Also showing an awkward guy running from obviously green screened explosives is cool, for like one shot, not an entire video. /rant

Regardless, I enjoy this band
They said all the explosives were real on their twitter.
07:57 AM on 02/02/12
esposimi
The System Is Down
User Info.
Vault 101?
08:10 AM on 02/02/12
j4callen
User Info.
I doubt I willl ever hear the Nickleback thing and probably for the best.
Yeah. You win.
08:10 AM on 02/02/12
iheartmusic043
KKCO
User Info.
I feel like I can go through their new album and with every song point out the mainstream pop song that "inspired" it...

For example, this song is their remake of Jordin Sparks' "Battlefield,"their song "Toy Soldiers" is way too reminiscent of Adam Lambert's "What Do You Want From Me," etc...

That's instantly what I thought when I heard this song. I like this band but I don't like their most recent album.
09:02 AM on 02/02/12
Gunwalls
User Info.
That dude runs like an idiot.
09:25 AM on 02/02/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
09:55 AM on 02/02/12
Symphonicaxiom
Tell me it's you or nothing at all
User Info.
So much love for this band. Just saw the acoustic vids they did at MTV. Fantastic.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos