AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Saves the Day News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Backstage Sessions: Saves the Day

Posted by - 06:21 AM on 02/02/12
I recently caught up with Saves the Day frontman Chris Conley at solo show in Pawtucket, RI before the "Where's the Band Tour," and he took the time to participate in our Backstage Sessions feature. Head to the replies to watch his acoustic performance, which includes "Three Miles Down" from the band's first album and "1984" from their latest release.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 48
06:21 AM on 02/02/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

06:29 AM on 02/02/12
Allstarme23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is so great can't wait to see this tour this Saturday.
07:17 AM on 02/02/12
nickstetina
User Info.
1984 sounded pretty great.
07:17 AM on 02/02/12
ACA
Next Show: Jimmy Eat World 10/20
User Info.
One of the most underrated songwriters (and, especially, performers) of this generation.

Daybreak was one of the best albums of 2011, something I never thought I'd say considering how weak the band had gotten in the late 00s.

Seeing Thrice, Thursday break up last year, it really makes me appreciate bands like this who are still sticking around and kicking ass. Chris Conley was absolutely fantastic at Where's the Band in NYC, and I cannot wait to see Saves the Day in full sometime this summer (hopefully with great bands like Bayside, The Get Up Kids, again).
07:19 AM on 02/02/12
gengen
Listen To Saves The Day
User Info.
this is so awesome. wish i couldve seen him in florida.
07:29 AM on 02/02/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Saw Chris on the WTBT last night and it was so fucking amazing! Unfortunately, he didn't play any new songs (or any songs past Stay What You Are) despite me screaming my head off for a few of them. One of the most memorable shows I've been to! These videos are great too! Most of the new songs seem like they translate really well.
07:42 AM on 02/02/12
sjb2k1
4-3, the kyle orton show
User Info.
fun fact: three miles down and jodie are the only ones he can play without a full band, well ones he can play that will sound right.

edit: the only ones off cant' slow down, woops
07:46 AM on 02/02/12
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
One of the most underrated songwriters (and, especially, performers) of this generation.

Daybreak was one of the best albums of 2011, something I never thought I'd say considering how weak the band had gotten in the late 00s.

Seeing Thrice, Thursday break up last year, it really makes me appreciate bands like this who are still sticking around and kicking ass. Chris Conley was absolutely fantastic at Where's the Band in NYC, and I cannot wait to see Saves the Day in full sometime this summer (hopefully with great bands like Bayside, The Get Up Kids, again).
Can't find anything I disagree with in this post
08:38 AM on 02/02/12
Karl Hansen
www.lowcutrock.com
User Info.
His singing just keeps getting better. Amazing.
09:35 AM on 02/02/12
MATTY-AL4W
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Amazing!!

I recently caught up with Saves the Day frontman Chris Conley at solo show in Pawtucket, RI before the "Where's the Band Tour," and he took the time to participate in our Backstage Sessions feature. Head to the replies to watch his acoustic performance, which includes "Three Miles Down" from the band's first album and "1984" from their latest release.
09:49 AM on 02/02/12
ohheroine
c o l o r s
User Info.
I was at the WTBT last Sunday and had a blast. Ive seen Saves the Day before but this acoustic performance was just wonderful. So much more personal and it was fun picking out the songs that they played.
10:15 AM on 02/02/12
iheartmusic043
KKCO
User Info.
My god I love Chris Conley!
10:22 AM on 02/02/12
Lovewaslove
User Info.
His voice is so terrible. One of the saddest stories in punk rock history is the loss of chris's voice
10:36 AM on 02/02/12
FallOutWeeze
User Info.
Amazing performance

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News