AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

05:41 AM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
Deartragedy88
Kokomo, IN
Male - 26 Years Old
I am so happy I saw Silverstein twice on Take Action last year. They always tour with bands that don't do anything for me.
07:23 AM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
JulianH
No Avatar Selected
Male - 22 Years Old
They also liked Veil of Maya, and Structures
08:10 AM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 26 Years Old
Silverstein doing All Stars would suck so much. They need to do a proper headliner and stop touring with bands that pretty much do nothing for a large portion of their fanbase. They aren't the typical scene band that tends to attract the scene crowd and they have been touring with these kind of bands for awhile now and it's done nothing for them popularity wise in my opinion. I just wish they would do more tour like Take Action.
08:22 AM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
ACA
Next Show: MotionCitySoundtrack @NY
NJ / NYC
Male
Silverstein doing All Stars would suck so much

Seriously, I'm a big Silverstein supporter -- this band is so often unfairly clumped into shit-core.

But they do themselves no fucking favors on these awful tours. Get on tour with some good bands; it's harder and harder to defend them year-after-year. They've been on like 3-4 good US tours in their existence. Fucking shame.
08:28 AM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 26 Years Old
Seriously, I'm a big Silverstein supporter -- this band is so often unfairly clumped into shit-core.

But they do themselves no fucking favors on these awful tours. Get on tour with some good bands; it's harder and harder to defend them year-after-year. They've been on like 3-4 good US tours in their existence. Fucking shame.

Yeah, usually I disagree with your pessimism, but it's just so fucking disappointing for them to be touring with bands like these. Only good tours I've seen them on (not counting Warped) since I started listening to them in 2005 were the Rise Against headliner back in 2007 and Take Action last year.

It's even more of a shame that they are doing this now considering how strong their last two releases have been. They could be making a comeback with this new resurgence on Hopeless, but it's all going to waste :/.
08:45 AM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
Deartragedy88
Kokomo, IN
Male - 26 Years Old
I'd like to see Silverstein tour with bands like Every Time I Die, Gallows, Title Fight, Story of the Year, Make Do and Mend,or some band along those lines. I don't know what it is with Silverstein and shitty tours.
12:01 PM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
prospekt
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
I really hope Close Your Eyes is not on this. They build themselves up as the most true-to-the-roots hardcore tyoe band and preach this message that it's not about how how you look at shows, yet they constantly tour with awful scenecore bands that are deeply concerned about their images. Completely contradictory.
12:49 PM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
marsvoltamcr
Registered Member
Moutain Top, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
I really hope Close Your Eyes is not on this. They build themselves up as the most true-to-the-roots hardcore tyoe band and preach this message that it's not about how how you look at shows, yet they constantly tour with awful scenecore bands that are deeply concerned about their images. Completely contradictory.

Just because a band looks like they walked out of Hot Topic doesn't mean their music sucks. I like a lot of scenecore, but it doesn't make the bands look any less lame. A band can care about their image AND their sound, at least from what I've heard/seen.
01:06 PM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
RockTheWalls
Rock The Walls: http://idobi.com
Toronto, Ontario
Male - 24 Years Old
Silverstein on All Stars would make perfect sense.
01:08 PM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
Moses Malone
And nothing of value was lost
Houston, TX
Male - 20 Years Old
I agree with all the talk about Silverstein. I mean, i get that they fit the "scene" because of their more whiny elements, but they really don't fit in with all these bands they're touring with (except maybe letlive). They'd be doing themselves a tremendous favor to hop off the scene tours.
01:15 PM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
blissfulrain
I want to dream.
Male - 18 Years Old
It's about the music. Who gives a damn what bands they tour with? That's what happens when you're a smaller band, and you're label needs to put you on tours to get your name out there. They're going on tour with Comeback Kid, Foundation, Such Gold, and Living With Lions in March/April.
01:18 PM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
blissfulrain
I want to dream.
Male - 18 Years Old
Also, here's the full list of bands they liked on their Facebook.

Stray from the Path
Close Your Eyes
Structures
Upon a Burning Body
Winds of Plague
I See Stars
Veil of Maya
01:46 PM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
hrleyquinn13
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
Also, here's the full list of bands they liked on their Facebook.

Stray from the Path
Close Your Eyes
Structures
Upon a Burning Body
Winds of Plague
I See Stars
Veil of Maya

Well the same person that told me about winds of plague, upon a burning body, and I See Stars was the same one who said word alive, august burns red, woe is me, and attack! attack! so im going to say those are all probably true too. so that would make the lineup look something like this:

Suicide Silence
Attack! Attack!
August Burns Red
Silverstein
Stray From The Path
Close Your Eyes
Structures
Upon A Burning Body
Winds Of Plague
I See Stars
Veil Of Maya
Word Alive
Woe Is Me

Plus I figure five or six more.
01:51 PM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
Downers Grove, IL
Male - 21 Years Old
Well the same person that told me about winds of plague, upon a burning body, and I See Stars was the same one who said word alive, august burns red, woe is me, and attack! attack! so im going to say those are all probably true too. so that would make the lineup look something like this:

Suicide Silence
Attack! Attack!
August Burns Red
Silverstein
Stray From The Path
Close Your Eyes
Structures
Upon A Burning Body
Winds Of Plague
I See Stars
Veil Of Maya
Word Alive
Woe Is Me

Plus I figure five or six more.

Basically like last year for me, I like the "lighter" half
02:03 PM on 02/06/12 
User Info.
JulianH
No Avatar Selected
Male - 22 Years Old
Upon A Burning Body just posted "Who would be excited for a tour announcement tomorrow?"

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos