AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Jacks Mannequin News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Jacks Mannequin
Inside AP.net

Andrew McMahon Thinking Of Retiring Jacks...

Posted by: Jason Tate (02/03/12)
According to a recent interview, it looks like Andrew McMahon is contemplating retiring the Jacks Mannequin name.
From the ArticleďIím going to be coming off of this tour and pretty much taking the rest of the year off, and part of thatís going to be about answering that question. And seeing if that means that maybe I have to wind down the Jackís Mannequin name and start looking at music from a different angle so I can unwind my brain from that part of my life. I foresee an end to the usage of that name. I donít know that itís doing for me what it used to, in the sense that Jackís sort of really represented a freedom from something. And a really free approach to creating things that now is certainly wrapped up in a whole lot of turmoil and tumult in a very difficult time in my life. And to acknowledge that, I certainly think at some point Iím going to have to find a way to shake that loose. And I think to some extent that might mean retiring the name.Ē

Submitted by romeoheart

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 150
12:46 PM on 02/03/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I still haven't seen SoCo or Jack's live yet.
12:47 PM on 02/03/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
If he just called himself Andrew McMahon but played SoCo, Jack's and new (future) stuff from now on, I don't think anyone would have much to complain about.
12:48 PM on 02/03/12
t.web4
Gone
User Info.
I don't understand why he would do that.
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
If he just called himself Andrew McMahon but played SoCo, Jack's and new (future) stuff from now on, I don't think anyone would have much to complain about.
I agree with this.
Jason Tate
User Info.
I don't understand why he would do that.
Did you just not read anything he said..? Seems to lay it out pretty clearly.
12:49 PM on 02/03/12
cwhit412
User Info.
Oh fuck, I love this idea.
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
User Info.
Bring on the inevitable powerhouse: Corporate Mannequin.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
I'm ok with that as long as Andrew keeps making music. I thought People and Things was good, but it definitely sounded like he was in a rut when it came to the sound that Jack's Mannequin is. Certainly the least exciting of the 3 albums
12:50 PM on 02/03/12
heartsdietoo
User Info.
I still haven't seen SoCo or Jack's live yet.
You are missing out. Phenomenal live
12:51 PM on 02/03/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'm ok with that as long as Andrew keeps making music. I thought People and Things was good, but it definitely sounded like he was in a rut when it came to the sound that Jack's Mannequin is. Certainly the least exciting of the 3 albums
Disagree. I think People and Things is better than Glass Passenger.
12:52 PM on 02/03/12
nignag
I could still be ruthless
User Info.
It's still the same Andrew under a different band name, no problem.
12:53 PM on 02/03/12
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
User Info.

Sums up my feelings about this album perfectly.

This would be the best option.
12:54 PM on 02/03/12
t.web4
Gone
User Info.
Did you just not read anything he said..? Seems to lay it out pretty clearly.
Nope, I read everything. I just don't get why you would change your name because it doesn't apply to the situation anymore. It's not like he can just forget about the name Jack's Mannequin, it will be attached to his name.
12:54 PM on 02/03/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Disagree. I think People and Things is better than Glass Passenger.
None of the songs stuck with me really, they are all good songs but none of them were great to me. It does flow better than TGP though, and is more consistent... but none of the songs touch "Crashin" "Spinning" "Annie Use Your Telescope" or "Bloodshot" in my opinion
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums