This Thread is Closed.

04:17 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
No Avatar Selected
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
Another potential option, Michael Carrick, was not considered after the 30-year-old had asked not to be included if he was to play only a bit-part role. Carrick is effectively now retired from international football, though he would be available in extremis in future if required. "Michael had made it clear in the past he didn't want to be involved [as a fringe player]," Hodgson said. "As it is, I'd have to be convinced he was better than the four I've selected, and that he'd be happy to come out of retirement, if he was to be considered."

daniel taylor ‏@DTguardian
Carrick: 15 starts in 11 years, fed up of being bit-part player, made decision a few months ago and asked FA to keep it quiet
04:18 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
mattmatumbo
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Salt Lake, UT
Male - 25 Years Old
Colorado @ DC tonight? yawn
04:19 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
Duluth, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Sorry, Gonz.

so do I get a Gourcuff jersey and hope he makes the squad, or do I go with Benzema?
04:20 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
No Avatar Selected
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
I went into the Nike store today and they were charging £90 ($140) for the new Netherlands kit! I couldn't walk out of the shop fast enough. Looks like I'll need a fake of it now.

Yeah man it's ridiculous. Back in 2010 for the world cup I got a Brazil jersey for €50, thats the standard price for jerseys here. But now all the international team kkits are upwards of 70, 80 quid. I mean you could have bought an Ireland jersey a few months ago for about €30 but now they've shot up to €70. Ridiculous.
04:21 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
Oddpac87
http://www.mixcloud.com/APFC/
Union Beach, NJ
Male - 27 Years Old
Isn't there a Florida Barca fan here?

Messi is part of some exhibtion game in Miami June 23rd
Among the players who will participate are Colombian Radamel Falcao, the Europa League’s top scorer and part of champion Atletico Madrid; Uruguayan Diego Forlán of Inter Milan, who was named best player of 2010 World Cup; Ivorian Didier Drogba, who will play in the Champions League final with Chelsea on May 19; Brazilian Dani Alves and Argentine Javier Mascherano, Messi’s teammates on Barcelona; Uruguayans Luis Suárez of Liverpool and Edison Cavani of Napoli; Alessandro Nesta of 2006 World Cup champion Italy; and others.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/1...nel-messi.html
The fact that it doesn't mention Dempsey, Boca and Jozy are playing is why soccer has so much trouble taking off in this country.
More US Open Cup tonight.
??
04:21 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
StandMyBrothers
Fabian Johnson <3
OC, Cali
Male
Sorry, Gonz.

so do I get a Gourcuff jersey and hope he makes the squad, or do I go with Benzema?
I got a Benzema away one. I'm waiting to see what the final squad is before I get a home one. Right now, Cabaye/Ben Arfa is the front runner.
04:22 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
StandMyBrothers
Fabian Johnson <3
OC, Cali
Male
Yeah man it's ridiculous. Back in 2010 for the world cup I got a Brazil jersey for €50, thats the standard price for jerseys here. But now all the international team kkits are upwards of 70, 80 quid. I mean you could have bought an Ireland jersey a few months ago for about €30 but now they've shot up to €70. Ridiculous.
you should mail Nike 8 water bottles, and demand a jersey. It's dumb that the cost is rising, considering national team kits come out every 2 years.
04:28 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
IRL
Male - 20 Years Old
Contemplating getting a Balotelli Italy jersey.
04:29 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
StandMyBrothers
Fabian Johnson <3
OC, Cali
Male
Contemplating getting a Balotelli Italy jersey.
I thought about it, but I would never casually wear the home Italy one, and the away jersey is too plain for me. I'd get a Giovinco one.
04:31 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
StandMyBrothers
Fabian Johnson <3
OC, Cali
Male
Lucio put in a transfer request to leave Inter. HUZZAH!!!!!
04:38 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
Paulie4star
COYL SKOL COYS
Minnesota, USA
Male - 24 Years Old
Disregard anything I say from now on. I am off my fucking rocker.

Edit: A little background story.

Yesterday when I was looking at the times of the games, I got to the bottom half of the page, I glanced and saw 05/15. I thought yesterday was the 14th and just assumed they were on today. Even though today at work, I established that it was in fact, THE 16TH OF MAY and all of the games had already been played.

tl;dr
I don't know anything.
04:45 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
Baines on Toast
Real life Hank McCoy
Liverpool
Male - 25 Years Old

It makes me feel sick, it really does. I wanted to buy myself the new Netherlands away kit, but couldn't afford that sort of price for a jersey which isn't even my country. It looks so good up close too
04:51 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
Oddpac87
http://www.mixcloud.com/APFC/
Union Beach, NJ
Male - 27 Years Old
Disregard anything I say from now on. I am off my fucking rocker.

Edit: A little background story.

Yesterday when I was looking at the times of the games, I got to the bottom half of the page, I glanced and saw 05/15. I thought yesterday was the 14th and just assumed they were on today. Even though today at work, I established that it was in fact, THE 16TH OF MAY and all of the games had already been played.

tl;dr
I don't know anything.

Haha, when I saw saw your post, I just assumed there was a game that got postponed from weather or something and I missed it.
04:56 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
andrewlterry
Real Salt Lake
'merica
Male
So who is going to win the Euro Cup? You can't pick Spain. I'm leaning towards Germany.
04:57 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
IRL
Male - 20 Years Old
Spain.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music