|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
To Give You the Stars - 02.06.12
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
To Give You The Stars
1. How did you get your band name?
How did I get my band name? I think I came up with the name as I wrote the very first song for the concept. It was (and still is) about true love in space. The idea that the main character would do anything for the person he loved. He would do anything to give her the stars.
2. How did this band get started?
Well, firstly I don't want to refer to it as a band as much as a sci-fi rock saga. I am the only member so... I wanted to write a concept song similar to Coheed and Cambria's 'In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3' so I did. A few years later I revisited the song I wrote and decided that I could expand on the story. And now I'm about to release the first album, 2492, with a sequel already written and a possible set of 6-7 albums to tell the whole tale.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Coheed mostly. They were the band that inspired me to write my own sci-fi concept album. I wouldn't be here without them.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Probably Coheed. lol
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Never been on a tour. In fact, I've never played a live show.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
It will take them to a new place. I put so much passion into the writing and performing of my music. I think the listener will be able to connect with my music on a emotional level. Even the music seperate from the story side will tell you what I was feeling. What the main character was feeling. You will feel it too.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Sports are almost completely uninteresting to me. Unless women's beach volleyball is on during the summer Olympics. Just kidding. But seriously.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My parents for sure. They have been unrelentingly supportive as I recorded and mixed this album... in my bedroom in their house.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The music. The fact that most of what we hear on the radio is making money is sickening to me. Seriously. I actually get angry about it sometimes.
10. Memorable tour experience?
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It means a colorful collection of music fans and artist who all want to discover new tunes and support their favorite bands.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Gotta be 'Always and Never' by Coheed.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Disney World. Every time. I will live there someday. Then, I suppose I'll have to think of another vacation spot though.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Some super dorky christian rock albums... like Dc Talk's 'Jesus Freak' and Carmen's 'Riot'. Wow...
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Telekinesis, Kyle. Or maybe, the ability to fly... Or time travel. Does that count?
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I wouldn't be making music if I didn't think people wanted to hear it.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I don't really like the way radio has become so commercial. It's sort of sad that the music business is so much more about the business than it is about the music.
Could I flourish? Well, that really depends... Probably not. I'm trying to do this thing indie style and there's not much room on the big stations for that. I have the potential but it would be very lucky to even get on the radio.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Call of Duty. Eat at Chili's.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I don't hide my talents...
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author