Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 92
10:24 AM on 02/08/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So, Jon Mess isn't doing this tour?
No, he'll be there; Kurt and Matt will be covering cleans.
10:27 AM on 02/08/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
I hope this means I'll get to hear the 3 vocalists do "Rock Solid" together again like the very last time I saw em with Kurt.
10:32 AM on 02/08/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
makes sense. kurt will already be there, he might as well sing his own songs and let matt do the rest.
10:34 AM on 02/08/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I hope this means I'll get to hear the 3 vocalists do "Rock Solid" together again like the very last time I saw em with Kurt.
Hadn't even thought of that - will be very cool for fans.
10:36 AM on 02/08/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Personally, I really enjoy everything Kurt has done, but I think his performance on the ALLB record is his best. It also has a hard learning curve for fans though, where DGD's self-titled (aka Deathstar) is a very accessible. Both are solid releases.

You guys just convinced me to buy ALLB's CD.

Given the circumstances, I hope Matt just becomes the new DGD clean singer. I LOVED Lower Definition. Matt had years of problems with members leaving until LD eventually folded while DGD has obviously had years of issues with clean singers. Maybe together they can complete the puzzle !
10:37 AM on 02/08/12
SourStuff
Five Body Blade Vocalist
User Info.
Shit I was just gonna go for ALLB and JLV. I've lost interest in Decoder, but shiiiit. Kurt and Matt Geise on stage for Dance Gavin Dance... History man!
10:37 AM on 02/08/12
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
DGD's not coming to my date. Oh well.
10:39 AM on 02/08/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Hadn't even thought of that - will be very cool for fans.
The "Do you still have the money I gave you earlier?" part will have so much more meaning...
10:44 AM on 02/08/12
Hiroblack
Earthbender
User Info.
The show in San Diego is gonna be insane. Matt Geise is from San Diego, it's gonna be fucking awesome.

And it's on my birthday so that's a win too.
10:44 AM on 02/08/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You guys just convinced me to buy ALLB's CD.

Given the circumstances, I hope Matt just becomes the new DGD clean singer. I LOVED Lower Definition. Matt had years of problems with members leaving until LD eventually folded while DGD has obviously had years of issues with clean singers. Maybe together they can complete the puzzle !
It's a great album, and don't be discouraged if it takes you a few listens to get into - each time I fell more and more in love with it. Also, grab a great pair of headphones to listen with - so much is going on, and Crummet did great work on production.

Re: DGD, I just hope they bury the band after this tour. I think fulfilling touring obligations is wise, but retire the band. If they want to stay together, pursue Secret Band.
10:46 AM on 02/08/12
The Summer Ends
COYS
User Info.
I know fans are really into DGD - and maybe this isn't possible due to the fan base built up. But part of me just thinks the band needs to retire the name, start something fresh, and go from there. Shed the stigmata that this band name will always carry with it.

i don't think stigmata means what you think it does

i think you're looking for "stigma" there
10:47 AM on 02/08/12
PandaBear!
\m/ (-.-) \m/
User Info.
Such a respectable move by Kurt - he is a top, top dude for doing this considering how things ended last time. Good luck to everyone for this tour, they deserve to enjoy it.
10:48 AM on 02/08/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The show in San Diego is gonna be insane. Matt Geise is from San Diego, it's gonna be fucking awesome.

And it's on my birthday so that's a win too.
I may join you - I wanted to do the Pomona date, but a few bands I represent have a show.
10:52 AM on 02/08/12
PetitnaindesÎles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
That's pretty rad !
10:59 AM on 02/08/12
sergioisevil
User Info.
So, Kurt covering clean vocals doing Deathstar and Happiness era DGD. Matt covering DBM 1 & II. Sounds promising. Best of both worlds. Bada bing bada boom.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos