AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Line-up Change News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 103.
07:39 AM on 02/10/12
seventwenty3
User Info.
not a fan of this band, but drugs suck. Who wants to get all FSU with me and go destroy some drug dealers?
great.
07:48 AM on 02/10/12
InstruMETAL
Be the change you wish to see
User Info.
Lol @ the DGD invasion of this thread. But on topic I hope the dude gets better.
07:52 AM on 02/10/12
billysurvive
aimless arrow.
User Info.
props to the band for doing it like this. shame though, he was the only reason I could kinda get into this band. Thought his vocals were actually pretty unique. Im kinda surprised they didnt mention anything about him possibly coming back at some point.

It actually bums me out they never mentioned his return.
07:57 AM on 02/10/12
ChaseTx
I strongly disagree with your evaluation of who DGD fans prefer at lead. There is a reason why DGD's third album bombed (and the group dismissed Travis then after) and the fourth album was a success. Although Craig does seem dispassionate at times (particularly on DTBM2), you can't possibly stand by that statement when listening to the first album and the EP. Lyrically, yes, Craig blows. But Travis isn't that much better. Consider this,

Not exactly introspective, wouldn't you agree?

You can have the last word, because as you said, this isn't the place for this debate.
Agree to disagree then... though personally, I don't see how you can listen to those albums and think DBM is best, especially if you work on a music site. It may have been more successful (an artist's debut usually does become their most popular) but popular opinion from people who actually listen is that the next two albums were infinitely better. And those aren't the lyrics to judge Kurt by... it's a bit like judging Nas by "Oochie Wally" or Blink by "Ben Wah Balls"

Wasn't the self-titled already written, lyrically, before Kurt got there?
No way, Jonny only writes about sex haha. Kurt wrote those lyrics about relationship problems he was having.

Last DGD comment ahaha
07:57 AM on 02/10/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
Last album wasnt too bad. Generic, but what in this genre isnt these days? Good luck getting some help.
08:22 AM on 02/10/12
LoSientoBambino
purevolume.com/sweatshirtweather
User Info.
Had a chance to get to know Shay a little throughout the Outbreak Tour. Amazing musician and a real person. I hope he can through this. Wish him all the best.
08:24 AM on 02/10/12
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
all musicians do drugs...even Mark Hoppus
08:26 AM on 02/10/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Even if you hate this band, you got to admit that was pretty damn respectful of Shay to come out and be so honest.

I like OM&M for what it is and will miss Shay's vocals but if he needs to bow out then this is the best way it went down.

Kuddos to him and I hope he gets the help he needs.
08:31 AM on 02/10/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Not to add to the off topic DGD fued but Kurt is what made DGD good IMO. He sang with real passion (not just one same high note) which made him sound better than Johnny and he seemed a lot more creative. The day DGD kicked out Kurt was the day the band I cared for ended.
08:32 AM on 02/10/12
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
Agree to disagree then... though personally, I don't see how you can listen to those albums and think DBM is best, especially if you work on a music site. It may have been more successful (an artist's debut usually does become their most popular) but popular opinion from people who actually listen is that the next two albums were infinitely better. And those aren't the lyrics to judge Kurt by... it's a bit like judging Nas by "Oochie Wally" or Blink by "Ben Wah Balls"
"Oochie Wally" is pure lyrical genius! :jayz:
08:37 AM on 02/10/12
Octarene
User Info.
Dan Arnold could totally save this band. No idea if he would, but I'm sure he still has close ties with this band..Plus Elevate:I Am is ASL w/o Dan.. and it's about time Dan get some recognition.
08:41 AM on 02/10/12
Octarene
User Info.
oh and it's definitely very noble of Shayley to be so mature about something that can make you so immature
08:45 AM on 02/10/12
Ohaidere
User Info.
all musicians do drugs...even Mark Hoppus
Not Beck.
08:51 AM on 02/10/12
guill89
The Proud, The Loud, The Many
User Info.
This isnt a good news at all. Of Mice & Men are one of the best band in their genre (yeah call it generic if you want) and Shayley's vocals were one of the main reason they are at the top of their game.

Can't wait to see where this band is going without him.
09:00 AM on 02/10/12
Noodlemane
User Info.
When he gets healthy he should just reform Covette. Better off with being the only voice.

EDIT: As much as I really don't like Shayley (because of what hes been trying to do with my friend) I respect this decision to get healthy. It's a lot more admirable to admit a problem then to hide it and hurt many people.
Machines are taking Over was a great album and really made me love his vocals, hopefully he actually does end up back in Covette or start something new.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests