AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Butch Walker News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Butch Walker: Out of Focus Documentary [Trailer]

Posted by - 11:02 AM on 02/13/12
Check out the trailer for the upcoming Butch Walker documentary "Out of Focus" right here.

Submitted by anamericangod

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
11:10 AM on 02/13/12
carcrashofahart
climb is all we know
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i fucking love that he's such an icon and not many know about him.
11:28 AM on 02/13/12
ivyleague339
User Info.
Butch Walker seems like one of the coolest guys in music. If you haven't read his book, Drinking With Strangers, I would HIGHLY suggest you do. A great, easy read that has made me appreciate his catalogue of songs so much more than I already did. Can't wait to see this film.
11:31 AM on 02/13/12
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When is this film released?
11:37 AM on 02/13/12
BensonHedges
Registered Member
User Info.
I am hoping this premieres at Tribeca (he only said A film festival, not which). Can't wait to see it! Love him and his music!
12:00 PM on 02/13/12
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
I'd go gay for Butch. I would.
12:05 PM on 02/13/12
AShannon04
http://drewshannon.net
User Info.
I wasn't a huge fan of Drinking With Strangers, but I definitely can't wait to see this.
12:07 PM on 02/13/12
carcrashofahart
climb is all we know
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When is this film released?
doesn't seem to have one yet. considering it's premiering at festivals, could be awhile.
12:21 PM on 02/13/12
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.
This looks awesome!
12:26 PM on 02/13/12
theappreeshpost
User Info.
Butch is the man!
12:26 PM on 02/13/12
nickstetina
User Info.
I'd go gay for Butch. I would.

I hope you realize how funny this reads when considering the meaning of "butch", not in the context of a pro-noun, haha.
12:55 PM on 02/13/12
daygreen89
User Info.
i can't wait.
12:59 PM on 02/13/12
harley7733
Reluctant Registered User
User Info.
The most under-appreciated genius in music today.
01:03 PM on 02/13/12
anamericangod
User Info.
Butch Walker seems like one of the coolest guys in music. If you haven't read his book, Drinking With Strangers, I would HIGHLY suggest you do. A great, easy read that has made me appreciate his catalogue of songs so much more than I already did. Can't wait to see this film.

I wasn't a huge fan of Drinking With Strangers, but I definitely can't wait to see this.

I loved it. I've been listening to Butch since I was 13 or so, and was lucky enough to start seeing him when he was still with Marvelous 3. In Atlanta. I'm not exaggerating at all when I say he's one of my favorite things about living in Georgia. Reading that book was so awesome for somebody like me who grew up with his music and already knew a lot of the story, but the extra details and personal revelations made it that much more complete. I thought it was a good read.

And he's very cool. I've ran into him a few times, including running into him and Nora at IKEA, and he's always been totally awesome and down to earth with me.
01:30 PM on 02/13/12
AShannon04
http://drewshannon.net
User Info.
I loved it. I've been listening to Butch since I was 13 or so, and was lucky enough to start seeing him when he was still with Marvelous 3. In Atlanta. I'm not exaggerating at all when I say he's one of my favorite things about living in Georgia. Reading that book was so awesome for somebody like me who grew up with his music and already knew a lot of the story, but the extra details and personal revelations made it that much more complete. I thought it was a good read.

And he's very cool. I've ran into him a few times, including running into him and Nora at IKEA, and he's always been totally awesome and down to earth with me.
I definitely don't doubt that he's a cool down-to-earch guy, and I've always really wanted to like him because of his history as an "alternative" musician who has gotten quite a bit of behind-the-scenes mainstream success. That said, there were parts of his book where he kinda comes off as a jerk (he was a younger guy, so I don't hold it against him now), which turned me off a bit.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos