Password

Album Review
Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory Album Cover

Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory

Reviewed by
Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory
Record Label: Carpark
Release Date: January 24, 2012
This review is a user submitted review from Jeremy Aaron. You can see all of Jeremy Aaron's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 40
02:50 PM on 02/13/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
Never heard of these guys, but this review PLUS the RIYL of La Dispute's Wildlife has me intrigued. Well written review broski.
05:30 PM on 02/13/12
BusterBluth
@edgarallentoe
User Info.
great start to the year
08:13 PM on 02/13/12
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
i really found their self-titled to be, for lack of a better word, annoying. there was something about the voice and the spastic nature that i just couldn't handle. but this has been getting so much universal praise that i feel like i'm doing myself a disservice by not trying this one out. think i'll do that now!
03:09 AM on 02/14/12
jake_rm
Unregistered User
User Info.
Incredible record, very early contender for my end of year list
05:20 AM on 02/14/12
theotheryabs
There's a Melody in Everything
User Info.
I thought Cloud Nothings was one guy?
05:29 AM on 02/14/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I thought Cloud Nothings was one guy?

Started out that way.
05:42 AM on 02/14/12
arson
User Info.
So far, this is definitely my favorite album I've heard this year.
06:52 AM on 02/14/12
xburningcoffin
User Info.
this album is really great. this review is pretty much spot on. attack on memory deserves the hype, if you are a fan of la dispute i'm not sure you will dig this as much. I would say any nirvana, slint or fugazi fan would be into this record. when I first hear no future/no past all I could think of was in utero
07:29 AM on 02/14/12
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
this album is really great. this review is pretty much spot on. attack on memory deserves the hype, if you are a fan of la dispute i'm not sure you will dig this as much. I would say any nirvana, slint or fugazi fan would be into this record. when I first hear no future/no past all I could think of was in utero
Definitely, the similarities to La Dispute are sort of tangential. That inclusion was kind of my way of saying not to dismiss this as some sort of hipster bullshit or whatever. I feel like if this were being released on a label like No Sleep, it would be a huge fan favorite around here. I do believe that La Dispute is the best modern analog for Fugazi and the old Dischord scene, and thought that would be a much more familiar reference for most readers.
07:30 AM on 02/14/12
Alex_Burton
Paulson / Alex
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not totally sold on this album. There are some really good songs on it, but I feel like there's also a lot of stuff that comes out of left field, and not in a good way. More like they couldn't figure out which way they wanted to go with the songwriting and style, so it sounds like a different band from track to track. I also feel like the band mimics it's influences more than builds on them. I think they need another album before they really hit their stride, but this is a step in the right direction.
07:48 AM on 02/14/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.

No doubt. This album SOUNDS so much like In Utero it's not even funny. I've listened through the album probably a dozen times, but I know it take longer to actually love this one.
07:55 AM on 02/14/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Ugh. Jeremy, I had a review for this almost done, but now I just want to scrap it. This was great.
08:04 AM on 02/14/12
cwhit412
User Info.
Hopefully people will listen because of the La Dispute mention.
Though they sound nothing alike imo. This is years bretter though.
09:04 AM on 02/14/12
screamoutmyname
through being cool
User Info.
"stay useless" is stuck in my head from 3 weekends ago. best song.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos