Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 51
11:08 AM on 02/16/12
sjb2k1
8-6, double check my wang
User Info.
it's weird reading this as "upcoming album" when it leaked like a month ago and most people are "done" with it, so to speak
11:17 AM on 02/16/12
punkDbass
User Info.
Say Anything has always been one of my favorite bands but I dont know what I think about this album yet.. And I certainly dont see the "rebellion" theme on a lot of the songs..

There is a lot less guitar on this album than previous ones.

The bass lines are phenomenal though.

Im going to keep listening to it but honestly right now I think this might be their weakest album, a lot of the songs seem pretty generic and lacking of substance.

EDIT: Although my initial thoughts werent that positive, the more I listen to the album, the more its growing on me. The only song I dont like at all is "so good" and possibly "peace out" but I think that songs going to grow on me. I think everyone is being a bit too critical with their initial thoughts after first hearing this album.

Im actually really liking Anarchy, My Dear, not sure how I think it stacks up with the rest of their albums just yet though.
11:23 AM on 02/16/12
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
I would add my two cents on the album, but that picture of the band and, specifically, Coby, is freaking me out. I'm really hoping that's just a really bad spray tan and not a skin condition or something.

Glad I'm not the only one creeped out. I started following him on twitter hoping for some SA related tweets but it's all about fitness and diet.
11:25 AM on 02/16/12
thesinkingship
Hummingbirds who lost the plot
User Info.
Glad I'm not the only one creeped out. I started following him on twitter hoping for some SA related tweets but it's all about fitness and diet.
Lean with Linder!
11:28 AM on 02/16/12
nowa312
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Exactly... Blah blah blah bullshit.. This album is garbage and I dont hear any similarities from is a real boy except the song title in admit it again... i feel like he says this about every record.. I love SA and all their previous work but this album does nothing for me. Maybe im growing out of SA but either way something is missing from this album.. Wish max would scrap this and start on the next release..
11:39 AM on 02/16/12
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
So I can blame his wife for this new album?

I wouldn't say "blame", more like motivated as some of the lyrics aren't particularly direct AT his wife. Also, why are you asking me permission for your own subjective opposition towards the album?

Do you mean "why"? Inspiration. Straight up.

Sherri is the Anti-Yoko Ono to Say Anything.
11:39 AM on 02/16/12
providence36
generator ^ first floor
User Info.
There's only so much an artist like Max can do, its just getting kind of boring now
11:42 AM on 02/16/12
Metal Now
Talking about the second and third
User Info.
I would add my two cents on the album, but that picture of the band and, specifically, Coby, is freaking me out. I'm really hoping that's just a really bad spray tan and not a skin condition or something.

WOAH there totally forgot they have Sisky Business now.
11:45 AM on 02/16/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I wouldn't say "blame", more like motivated as some of the lyrics aren't particularly direct AT his wife. Also, why are you asking me permission for your own subjective opposition towards the album?

Do you mean "why"? Inspiration. Straight up.

Sherri is the Anti-Yoko Ono to Say Anything.

Ahhh well John didn't make shitty music when he was with Yoko or after The Beatles though.
11:52 AM on 02/16/12
korncrow85
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So I can blame his wife for this new album?
I have been placing the blame on her since the first listen of the last release. Main reason I have been calling Sherri the Yoko Ono of Say Anything.
11:57 AM on 02/16/12
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
Feel like Max making all these comparisons to IARB ultimately hurt this record the most. All the songs i've heard from Anarchy are boring, tame, and restrained. Don't hear any of the things he's talking about.
12:10 PM on 02/16/12
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
Ahhh well John didn't make shitty music when he was with Yoko or after The Beatles though.
Forgot to mention that's my opinion. Think what you want, but Max seems like a better person after he got married and that's obvious in his less cynical lyrics.

Remember kids, change is constant.
12:11 PM on 02/16/12
thesinkingship
Hummingbirds who lost the plot
User Info.
Forgot to mention that's my opinion. Think what you want, but Max seems like a better person after he got married and that's obvious in his less cynical lyrics.

Remember kids, change is constant.
Word
12:16 PM on 02/16/12
darkblue_
User Info.
I hate the borrowed tunes. Not one song isn't another Say Anything song.
12:16 PM on 02/16/12
bandtroller
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I need to vent about this album for a minute. Say Anything has been up there as my "all time favorite" for a long time. Since at least 2006. Before the leak, I was so excited and looking forward to it more than any other album. For the first few days, I tried to convince myself I liked it a lot. I defended this band in front of all my friends numerous times, even though each album is slightly weaker than the last.

Every time Max comes out with a new album and interviews about it, he talks about how it compares to Is A Real Boy... You can't compare anything to is a real boy. Stop trying. Please. It will seriously forever go down as one of the best records of its genre. But you don't have to undermine all of your new work by comparing it to the one album that brought SA big success.

I will forever love SA but the new album is the exact opposite of what I thought it was going to be. After reading Max's early interviews about the feeling of rebellion and IARB, I got suppppper excited. I don't hear any of that. I've tried so hard but its just... not.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos