Username
Password

12:29 AM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
Nuns On A Bus
`
Chico, California
Male - 23 Years Old
I enjoy this song, although it's from last year and I imagine y'all have heard it:

12:35 AM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
I enjoy this song, although it's from last year and I imagine y'all have heard it:
Sorry to change the subject, but looking at your avatar I wondered if you'd heard the new album yet. Looking forward to it myself. "Ex-Dreams" reminds me a lot of Swervedriver, one of my favorite bands.
01:01 AM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
Nuns On A Bus
`
Chico, California
Male - 23 Years Old
Sorry to change the subject, but looking at your avatar I wondered if you'd heard the new album yet. Looking forward to it myself. "Ex-Dreams" reminds me a lot of Swervedriver, one of my favorite bands.

Nope I haven't, has it leaked yet? I loved their last album and I've enjoyed everything that I've heard off of this one so far. I'll also need to add Swervedriver to my list of bands to check out, I've never heard of them. Where should I start?
01:20 AM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
Nope I haven't, has it leaked yet? I loved their last album and I've enjoyed everything that I've heard off of this one so far. I'll also need to add Swervedriver to my list of bands to check out, I've never heard of them. Where should I start?
Not yet as far as I know; also haven't seen any promos for it. Label must be keeping it pretty close to the chest. For Swervedriver go with their first two classic records, Raise (1991) and Mezcal Head (1993). These were probably their two biggest "hits"

01:22 AM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
Just got these Flying Lotus stickers in the mail the other day. Look good on my laptop.

01:23 AM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
Thesleepingwell
Didn't start the riot
Kent, UK
Male - 29 Years Old
Subbing because some of those videos sound mind blowing. Might get some of these.
01:29 AM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
Subbing because some of those videos sound mind blowing. Might get some of these.
Welcome to the thread. Let me know if you need any help finding stuff.
01:33 AM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
GuitarR0cker1
things mean a lot at the time
Portland, Oregon
Male - 20 Years Old
This thread is blowing my mind right now.
01:41 AM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
Been playing this mix tonight. Sort of the kickoff for Joy Orbison's fledgling Hinge Finger label.

Dude on the Resident Advisor forums came up with this tentative tracklist. As you can see, it's got some gems, including unreleased cuts like "Source Delight" and "Mercy."

07:50 Peven Everett - Feelin You In And Out (Shelter Mix)
12:00 The Artist Formerly Known As 19.454.18.5.25.5.18 - Speed Bomb (Skudge Remix)
15:00 John Swing - Play Records
18:00 Blawan - His Money
19:45 Joy Orbison - Ellipsis/ Source Delight??
25:30 Boddika & Joy O - Mercy
28.50 Bodika & Joy O - Dun Dun
42.06 DJ Bigga G - Mind, Body & Soul (4X4 Mix)
46:00 DJ Assassin - Face In The Crowd
55:30 Gesloten Cirkel - Yamagic
57:00 Roman Lindau - Sub Suggestion
01:43 AM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
Thesleepingwell
Didn't start the riot
Kent, UK
Male - 29 Years Old
Welcome to the thread. Let me know if you need any help finding stuff.

Cool. Will do man.
02:03 AM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
Nuns On A Bus
`
Chico, California
Male - 23 Years Old
Not yet as far as I know; also haven't seen any promos for it. Label must be keeping it pretty close to the chest. For Swervedriver go with their first two classic records, Raise (1991) and Mezcal Head (1993). These were probably their two biggest "hits"]

If Sacred Bones wasn't putting out continuously awesome stuff right now I'd be more upset, but I can wait a bit longer. I'll definitely check those out though and let you know what I think
03:23 PM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
Stoked

Quote:
Actress will release his third album, R.I.P., this April on Honest Jon's Records.

The record will drop almost exactly two years after Splazsh, an LP that was considered by many to be one of 2010's best. Since then, the London-based artist, real name Darren Cunningham, has continued to prove himself as an imaginative outsider with otherworldly EPs on NonPlus+ and Honest Jons, including a contribution to the recent Shangaan Shake series. According to a press release, R.I.P. shows him being as idiosyncratic as ever, working with hazy textures and varied sound signatures, and eschewing soft synths and plug-ins for a more ground-up production approach.

"I can't explain how I made those tracks, it's just impossible," he says. "It's like painting with button and sliders...melting and dripping, seeping yourself liquid into the machinery."

The album (especially the song titles) are inspired in part by Milton's Paradise Lost and Jamie James' The Music of the Spheres, which Cunningham said he read while at work on R.I.P.

Tracklist
01. R.I.P.
02. Ascending
03. Holy Water
04. Marble Plexus
05. Uriel's Black Harp
06. Jardin
07. Serpent
08. Shadow from Tartarus
09. Tree of Knowledge
10. Raven
11. Glint
12. Caves of Paradise
13. The Lord's Graffiti
14. IWAAD
15. N.E.W.

Honest Jon's will release R.I.P. on April 20th, 2012.
03:25 PM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
AlsoRan
space case/space cake
CP MD
Female - 23 Years Old
...I'm going to venture in here...... Drum and Basss?
04:31 PM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
IRL
Male - 20 Years Old
Been loving this Shlohmo remix, think he probably shoulda cut out the Drake verse though.

I hope to be educated by this thread, need more shit like this.
07:08 PM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
joss d.
the boss
Tucson, AZ
Male - 25 Years Old
http://soundcloud.com/hotflush/sets/scuba-personality

just thought i'd leave this here.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives