Password

12:49 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Originally Posted by Dan Hollister
Then it looks like maybe the Nano is for you, since that's now like the only non-video iPod. Haha.

I'll be buying one of the iPod Video's when I can. This is great for me. I've always been wanting a better way to carry my work around with me to show people. Oh, and they have video-out, so you don't just have to watch it on the small screen, you can also take your iPod over to someone's house or something, plug it into a TV, and view the movies at full quality.
no... i have a nomad. sooo much better.
12:55 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
I want a video iPod just for the Lost episodes.
01:03 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
Vincewithouthee
Trying to be cool
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 25 Years Old
That is insane. Well, I was going to get a 60GB iPod anyway. And now it has videos? I don't care much but that's sweet.
01:04 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
b e L I E v e
True Punk Fan
No Avatar Selected
Male - 24 Years Old
Originally Posted by Jesticles2
I was one of the people saying that I didn't think it was going to come out, and obviously I was wrong. However, it's not like people were insulting you, so don't take it so personally. Some people, including myself, were just going by different rumors sites. This shit is all speculation, and there's no way anyone could have known for sure, yourself included. Unless your last name is Jobs, then I apologize. And want to marry into your family.

ok, understood, thanks for explaining, and sorry for anything taken the wrong way
02:53 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
punkrockcasual
No Avatar Selected
Baltimore, Maryland
Male - 28 Years Old
Yeah, the old 20G iPod with color / pictures was $299, now that added 10G and video, and it's the same price. Sweet.

any idea if they're selling 20G or 60G color iPods without video for cheaper?
03:17 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
lackofcolour 13
I broke the dam...
milwaukee
Male - 24 Years Old
sweet. I bet everyone that bought a nano is feeling like a royal moron, I know I would.

the only thing that I think ipod has left to do to make it better is make an insanely incredible battery life. Because the video drains the battery pretty fast.
03:21 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
Jesse2
Aka Jesticles
No Avatar Selected
Manhattan
Male
Originally Posted by lackofcolour 13
sweet. I bet everyone that bought a nano is feeling like a royal moron, I know I would.

the only thing that I think ipod has left to do to make it better is make an insanely incredible battery life. Because the video drains the battery pretty fast.

Depends what you need it for, really. I think the nano and the ipod (video or not) serve different purposes.
03:24 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
punkrockcasual
No Avatar Selected
Baltimore, Maryland
Male - 28 Years Old
Originally Posted by punkrockcasual
Yeah, the old 20G iPod with color / pictures was $299, now that added 10G and video, and it's the same price. Sweet.

any idea if they're selling 20G or 60G color iPods without video for cheaper?

I don't know.
03:24 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
lackofcolour 13
I broke the dam...
milwaukee
Male - 24 Years Old
Depends what you need it for, really. I think the nano and the ipod (video or not) serve different purposes.

yeah. one is for fashion, one is for people that actually care about its use.
03:35 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
Dan Hollister
AP Staff... Sometimes
Hollywood, CA
Male - 28 Years Old
No, they are not selling the old-style iPods.

This is what Apple always does. They never raise prices, they always release new products and completely get rid of the old ones.

And yes, the Nano will continue to sell millions. They are for entirely different markets. You can't very easily run laps with the full-sized iPod, or bring it absolutely everywhere with you. And for some people, $199 is truly a better price than $299 and $399, even if the difference in features greatly outweighs the price difference.
03:46 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
radiofriendly
stachy destroyer
Dallas, TX
Male - 29 Years Old
does anybody have one of those best buy service warranty plans? im wondering if anybody knows if i can use that to trade out? i would think so...not sure though...
03:58 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
This is the first apple product I can think of that I don't think is grossly overpriced.
04:03 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
when 4ever ends
Balls Pop Outta My Mouth?
Rockaway, NJ
Male - 25 Years Old
do you work here?

that was too

Dan Hollister
AP Staff / Video Geek
04:26 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
Jesse2
Aka Jesticles
No Avatar Selected
Manhattan
Male
Originally Posted by lackofcolour 13
yeah. one is for fashion, one is for people that actually care about its use.

See, I don't agree at all. Let me give you an example of what purpose each one serves, since I have a 20GB ipod and a 4gb nano...

Nano:
-My 15 minute subway ride to and from work/school (not only do i not need 20 gb of music for the subway, but the nano fits in my pocket, where as with keys, a wallet, and a cellphone, a normal ipod makes me look like i stole some oranges.
-Running/Working out. The leather arm band that you can get for these things is perfect. I have an armband for my 20GB and it blows, plain and simple. Plus, the nano and the armband weight roughly 0.00001 ounces.

iPod:
-Trips, where 4gb of music is clearly not enough, and size is not an issue.
-Firewire drive for large videos/animations for school, especially nice for files that are too large for a DVD
-Hooked up to my bose sounddock in the living room.

I realize that it might be overkill to have 2, but I bought the 20GB almost 2 years ago, and the battery just isn't what it used to be. I hated not being able to listen to it to/from work and at work without having to charge it.
04:39 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
radiofriendly
stachy destroyer
Dallas, TX
Male - 29 Years Old
See, I don't agree at all. Let me give you an example of what purpose each one serves, since I have a 20GB ipod and a 4gb nano...

Nano:
-My 15 minute subway ride to and from work/school (not only do i not need 20 gb of music for the subway, but the nano fits in my pocket, where as with keys, a wallet, and a cellphone, a normal ipod makes me look like i stole some oranges.
-Running/Working out. The leather arm band that you can get for these things is perfect. I have an armband for my 20GB and it blows, plain and simple. Plus, the nano and the armband weight roughly 0.00001 ounces.

iPod:
-Trips, where 4gb of music is clearly not enough, and size is not an issue.
-Firewire drive for large videos/animations for school, especially nice for files that are too large for a DVD
-Hooked up to my bose sounddock in the living room.

I realize that it might be overkill to have 2, but I bought the 20GB almost 2 years ago, and the battery just isn't what it used to be. I hated not being able to listen to it to/from work and at work without having to charge it.

yeah, i agree. you're also not supposed to jog or excercise with the bigger harddrive ipods. it can easily damage the harddrive. it's a nonissue with a flash drive

speaking of...is this new IPOD flash or harddrive?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos