05:06 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
Jesse2
Aka Jesticles
No Avatar Selected
Manhattan
Male
Originally Posted by radiofriendly
yeah, i agree. you're also not supposed to jog or excercise with the bigger harddrive ipods. it can easily damage the harddrive. it's a nonissue with a flash drive

speaking of...is this new IPOD flash or harddrive?

hard drive
05:09 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
when 4ever ends
Balls Pop Outta My Mouth?
Rockaway, NJ
Male - 25 Years Old
Originally Posted by Jesticles2
See, I don't agree at all. Let me give you an example of what purpose each one serves, since I have a 20GB ipod and a 4gb nano...

Nano:
-My 15 minute subway ride to and from work/school (not only do i not need 20 gb of music for the subway, but the nano fits in my pocket, where as with keys, a wallet, and a cellphone, a normal ipod makes me look like i stole some oranges.
-Running/Working out. The leather arm band that you can get for these things is perfect. I have an armband for my 20GB and it blows, plain and simple. Plus, the nano and the armband weight roughly 0.00001 ounces.

iPod:
-Trips, where 4gb of music is clearly not enough, and size is not an issue.
-Firewire drive for large videos/animations for school, especially nice for files that are too large for a DVD
-Hooked up to my bose sounddock in the living room.

I realize that it might be overkill to have 2, but I bought the 20GB almost 2 years ago, and the battery just isn't what it used to be. I hated not being able to listen to it to/from work and at work without having to charge it.
thats the way i think of it as welll... im going to get a nano for all teh outdoor stuff i do
05:18 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
Jesse2
Aka Jesticles
No Avatar Selected
Manhattan
Male
Originally Posted by when 4ever ends
thats the way i think of it as welll... im going to get a nano for all teh outdoor stuff i do

I absolutely LOVE it. I would never have one as my only portable music player, but if you can swing it, it's definitely worth the money. Especially with the educational discount. It's so light you can't even feel that it's there half the time.
05:55 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
when 4ever ends
Rockaway, NJ
Male - 25 Years Old
Originally Posted by Jesticles2
I absolutely LOVE it. I would never have one as my only portable music player, but if you can swing it, it's definitely worth the money. Especially with the educational discount. It's so light you can't even feel that it's there half the time.
ohh dude i forgot about the edu discount. can i go to my apple store for that or is it just an online thing?
06:07 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
Jesse2
Aka Jesticles
No Avatar Selected
Manhattan
Male
ohh dude i forgot about the edu discount. can i go to my apple store for that or is it just an online thing?

online, or the apple store, it doesn't matter. however, i think to buy software with the educational discount you have to do it online, but i'm not sure.
06:08 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
Dan Hollister
AP Staff... Sometimes
Hollywood, CA
Male - 27 Years Old
You can go to your Apple store and get edu discount, but if you do it in person you need to provide a student ID. Online, they just trust you. Haha.

do you work here?

that was too

Dan Hollister
AP Staff / Video Geek

Well, if you ever saw any of the AP "Featured Videos" when they were actually online, that was my section. However they kind of disappeared, Jason randomly deleted all my privileges, and I can't seem to get ahold of him or anybody else, so I'm not sure I technically work here anymore. Haha.
06:14 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
when 4ever ends
Rockaway, NJ
Male - 25 Years Old
Originally Posted by Dan Hollister
You can go to your Apple store and get edu discount, but if you do it in person you need to provide a student ID. Online, they just trust you. Haha.

Well, if you ever saw any of the AP "Featured Videos" when they were actually online, that was my section. However they kind of disappeared, Jason randomly deleted all my privileges, and I can't seem to get ahold of him or anybody else, so I'm not sure I technically work here anymore. Haha.
email?

oh and thanks for the info on the discount
07:47 PM on 10/12/05 
User Info.
ActorInThisPlay
so sexy it hurts...
Sherman Oaks, CA
Male - 30 Years Old
holy shit is this thing cool...i was waiting for something like this to come out. I am so tempted to buy the 30GB Black one right now if I only had the money...shit I might get it anyway.
12:03 AM on 10/13/05 
User Info.
FstFtsVsFences
High Risk 401k? Fuck that.
San Jose, CA
Male - 28 Years Old
I can't waiiiiiiiiit till Christmas!
12:19 AM on 10/13/05 
User Info.
Kram41
Registered Member
NYC
Male - 28 Years Old
Originally Posted by FstFtsVsFences
I can't waiiiiiiiiit till Christmas!

Phew...I was getting worried about you. Hadn't seen you around all day.
12:21 AM on 10/13/05 
User Info.
FstFtsVsFences
San Jose, CA
Male - 28 Years Old
Originally Posted by Image Invisible
Phew...I was getting worried about you. Hadn't seen you around all day.
Hahaha I was on this morning some, but my laptop broke again and tonight I took Stephanie out for her bday. It was awesome.
12:23 AM on 10/13/05 
User Info.
Kram41
Registered Member
NYC
Male - 28 Years Old
Originally Posted by FstFtsVsFences
Hahaha I was on this morning some, but my laptop broke again and tonight I took Stephanie out for her bday. It was awesome.

Schweet. You didn't take me out for my birthday last year. But Finch would have been hard to top.
12:34 AM on 10/13/05 
User Info.
FstFtsVsFences
San Jose, CA
Male - 28 Years Old
Originally Posted by Image Invisible
Schweet. You didn't take me out for my birthday last year. But Finch would have been hard to top.
I would have if I was here Mark!

Ps. We should party next weekend. It's been a while for me. :bigsmile:
12:42 AM on 10/13/05 
User Info.
i like guitars
Hey, i have a penis
Anaheim/ Reseda CA.
Male - 28 Years Old
the more i look at it on the apple site, the more i want to get rid of my 4th generation, 1 year old ipod and buy the new one.
02:59 AM on 10/13/05 
User Info.
girlsonhold
crack is wack!
san diego, ca
Female - 29 Years Old
Originally Posted by WakingTheMisery
i like just music. there is no point for anything else.

agreed.

the new imac is pretty sweet though. i know its a lot thinner than the recent model of the g5. either way, whatever. the remote control thing is pretty dope too, but how fucking lazy are you to walk 3 feet from your couch/bed to turn up the volume? if that's the case, you're probably fat, and have man boobs.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos