Username
Password

06:29 AM on 10/13/05 
User Info.
punkpixie
through being cool.
sheffield. uk
Female - 27 Years Old
I was going to get a new 60gig for Christmas. I can't believe this came out so quickly, I shall be purchasing one.
10:03 AM on 10/13/05 
User Info.
b e L I E v e
True Punk Fan
No Avatar Selected
Male - 24 Years Old
hmm..im like the thin factor, which was the main reason i strayed away from the regular ipod back, maybe a year ago...and bought my mini

in saying that, i am sort of leaning toward the 30 gig video and spending the extra 50 for a bigger screen, hard drive, and video capabilities
03:00 PM on 10/13/05 
User Info.
Dan Hollister
AP Staff... Sometimes
Hollywood, CA
Male - 27 Years Old
It's all preference. I'm a filmmaker, and an insane movie geek, so obviously for me, the iPod video features are a godsend. Especially the video-out feature - now I can carry my work around with me to show potential clients, and if they have a big TV, I can just plug it in directly. No more PowerBook + external hard drive to carry around.

Plus I travel a lot. It would be sweet to watch some movies on the plane or the train, again, without having to lug around the PowerBook, extra batteries, and like 14 DVD's... and the small form factor means I could use it in places where lugging a DVD player might be really inconvenient. (Bus, waiting room, etc.)
03:05 PM on 10/13/05 
User Info.
MLLMillenium
Kickin it Old School
Male - 26 Years Old
Originally Posted by Dan Hollister
It's all preference. I'm a filmmaker, and an insane movie geek, so obviously for me, the iPod video features are a godsend. Especially the video-out feature - now I can carry my work around with me to show potential clients, and if they have a big TV, I can just plug it in directly. No more PowerBook + external hard drive to carry around.

Plus I travel a lot. It would be sweet to watch some movies on the plane or the train, again, without having to lug around the PowerBook, extra batteries, and like 14 DVD's... and the small form factor means I could use it in places where lugging a DVD player might be really inconvenient. (Bus, waiting room, etc.)

That's the same reason I want it. Now I can carry around my work. I also love the fact that for stills you can upload direct from your camera. I aserisouly carry around my digital all the time, and keep my Canon camcorder in the car. It's crazy. I totally get what your saying though.
03:11 PM on 10/13/05 
User Info.
ActorInThisPlay
so sexy it hurts...
Sherman Oaks, CA
Male - 30 Years Old
yeah I just bought a black 30GB iPod Video at the Apple store on-line...I should be receiving hopefully within a couple weeks. I can't wait.
03:13 PM on 10/13/05 
User Info.
i like guitars
Hey, i have a penis
Anaheim/ Reseda CA.
Male - 27 Years Old
Originally Posted by Rufio2028
yeah I just bought a black 30GB iPod Video at the Apple store on-line...I should be receiving hopefully within a couple weeks. I can't wait.

nice move, im gonna try to sell my 20 gb and get the black video also.
03:45 PM on 10/13/05 
User Info.
uh oh smmoreo
so good
Hingham, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
Originally Posted by Drew Beringer
I want a video iPod just for the Lost episodes.

You can just download iTunes and then buy the episodes. No iPod needed.
11:47 AM on 10/14/05 
User Info.
Troy will Fall
Torches, Together
Montgomery, Al
Male - 27 Years Old
wow, how about they try to make me as broke as possible.
01:07 PM on 10/14/05 
User Info.
b e L I E v e
True Punk Fan
No Avatar Selected
Male - 24 Years Old
hmm...well i heard the battery life is going to be 20 hours for music...5-6 for pics and only 2-3 for videos

not the most exciting numbers...but for someone like me, its good...because im not going to be putting movies on there, i'll be putting music videos, comedy clips, episodes, etc.
09:15 PM on 10/16/05 
User Info.
Nick Lopez
No Avatar Selected
sacramento
Male
what is this student discount?
09:24 PM on 10/16/05 
User Info.
AreTwoKay
EAT LEAD SLACKERS!
Hill Valley, CA
Male - 28 Years Old
Originally Posted by note to sself
what is this student discount?
go on Apple's website and there is a link at the bottom for US Education and then you put in the info of your school and you get discounts
09:50 PM on 10/16/05 
User Info.
punkrockcasual
No Avatar Selected
Baltimore, Maryland
Male - 28 Years Old
Originally Posted by AreTwoKay
go on Apple's website and there is a link at the bottom for US Education and then you put in the info of your school and you get discounts

I don't see it.
10:38 PM on 10/16/05 
User Info.
AreTwoKay
EAT LEAD SLACKERS!
Hill Valley, CA
Male - 28 Years Old
Originally Posted by punkrockcasual
I don't see it.
there is a drop down menu at the bottom
10:38 PM on 10/16/05 
User Info.
Troy will Fall
Torches, Together
Montgomery, Al
Male - 27 Years Old
Originally Posted by punkrockcasual
I don't see it.

Yea, thank God for that student discount, saved me 20 bucks or so on the nano..I think it ended up being 248.25 or so with tax and all.
10:40 PM on 10/16/05 
User Info.
AreTwoKay
EAT LEAD SLACKERS!
Hill Valley, CA
Male - 28 Years Old
Originally Posted by Troy will Fall
Yea, thank God for that student discount, saved me 20 bucks or so on the nano..I think it ended up being 248.25 or so with tax and all.
Yeah I used the discount when I ordered my iPod last night

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version