Username
Password
Video Games News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video Games
Inside AP.net

Games Round-Up (02/20/12)

Posted by: Linda Ferreira (02/20/12)
This week's Games Round-Up can be seen in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
01:17 PM on 02/20/12
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
Thanks to Anthony for putting this together:

Games Round-UpWell hello everyone, Anthony here for another week of the Gamer Round-Up!

TOPIC OF THE WEEK

What has been your favorite release so far this winter?

THE WEEK IN GAMING

NINTENDO NEWS

- Hulu Plus is now available for streaming on the Wii.

- Nintendo last week acquired Mobiclip, a company that specializes in "highly optimized software technologies".

MICROSOFT NEWS

- According to 343 Industries, developers for the upcoming Halo 4, Master Chief's armor, and the game's HUD, is getting a makeover for the new title.

SONY NEWS

- The highly anticipated PSN title Journey will be available on March 13th for the price of $14.99.

- The long time Sony franchise Twisted Metal is set to be turned into a film.

PC NEWS

- Wish you could Minecraft in real life? Well thanks to Lego, your dreams are now a reality! The world famous Dannish toy manufacturer has announced they will be selling various Lego sets of the popular title, which are expected to go on sale this summer.

- Apple's Game Center will be included in the upcoming OS X Mountain Lion update.

iOS/ANDROID NEWS

-Tired of seeing Angry Birds everywhere? Well, it looks like that's not going to go away anytime soon as Rovio announced it's next installment in the top selling franchise, Angry Birds Space. The title naturally will be the tried and true Angry Birds the world has come to love, but in space! The title is expected to launch on March 22nd.

- As it was announced back in September, the original Max Payne will get an HD release for mobile devices. To date, there is no set release date for the port.

- Social game giant Zynga lost over $400 million dollars in 2011.

GENERAL GAME NEWS

- Good news for Boston fans of PAX East, as Penny Arcade as announced that the city will host the expo for the next decade. The event will stay in the city until 2023.

- Speaking of Penny Arcade, the popular webcomic will be teaming up with the ESRB to create a new series of advertisements to promote the ESRB's well-known rating system. This will be the second time PA has teamed up with the ESRB, doing a similar campaign back in 2006.

- It looks like COD: Black Ops 2 could in fact be a reality, according to an accidental listing of the title on Amazon France.

- If the math is right, it will cost you about $870 to own all of the DLC for the upcoming Mass Effect 3.

- The MMO title Rift now has a Guinness World Record to it's name, thanks to setting a record for most in-game marriages in a 24-hour period.

- The long awaited Assassin's Creed 3 will arrive on store shelves on October 30th.

- Capcom has revealed various new details about the upcoming Resident Evil 6. Noteworthy details include the ability to run and shoot and, to which makes this writer quite bummed, there will be no T-Virus in the game. The game also is 50% complete.

- Fear not fans of L.A Noire, as Rockstar has not ruled out the possibility of a sequel.

That's all for this week, folks! See you all next week!

This week's Round-Up has been brought to you by Joystiq and Destructoid.
Contributor: anthonydarko
01:22 PM on 02/20/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
A Twisted Metal movie? Almost sounds as bad as turning Battleship into a movie.
01:25 PM on 02/20/12
DanTGD
Dynamite Hero
User Info.
$870 dollars worth of DLC? Sweet baby Jesus.

Also couldn't help but laugh at Angry Birds in Space. My girlfriend turns into the hulk whenever there's a sequel of something set in space haha.
01:31 PM on 02/20/12
thesinkingship
Can't get that engine turned over
User Info.
'Old up....Twisted Metal movie? Like Death Race?
01:33 PM on 02/20/12
sammyboy516
User Info.
Alan Wake's American Nightmare comes out Wednesday, can't wait!
01:38 PM on 02/20/12
sleepyseanzzz
Get in that ass, Larry!
User Info.
any idea of when HBO GO will be added to xbox live? just cancelled my subscription at my house but my parents still have it at their house and im able to use that one
01:41 PM on 02/20/12
loveisdead
Go Peyton Go
User Info.
Max Payne 3 can't come out soon enough.
01:47 PM on 02/20/12
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
No T Virus? Ugh no care anymore.
01:56 PM on 02/20/12
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
It's not like te T-Virus had been very prominent in the past 2 main titles.
02:02 PM on 02/20/12
thesinkingship
Can't get that engine turned over
User Info.
Max Payne is the first game of this year that I'm REALLY excited for. Mass Effect 3 is is a close second.
02:12 PM on 02/20/12
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
So much good news in one update.
02:27 PM on 02/20/12
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
Lego Minecraft? Seriously?

Thanks for the roundup.
03:03 PM on 02/20/12
SicTransitIbiza
Not my chair, Not my problem
User Info.
Don't think I've been more excited for a game than I am for Assassin's Creed III.
03:16 PM on 02/20/12
wait now here
User Info.
Can't wait for 'Journey', I have high hopes for any game that the creators of 'Flower' put out.

Assassin's Creed III may actually rekindle some of my interest in the franchise also. I got kinda burned out with Brotherhood and have not even played Revelations yet but if some of the rumors about the setting in AC3 are true it should be pretty awesome.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests