Username
Password
Thrice News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 222.
05:26 PM on 02/22/12
VIVALAMATT
Two-Time APWP Champion
User Info.
They have 2 dates in the same city back to back, they couldn't have given one of those to a city in NY other than NYC? The rest of NY does exist people and NYC isn't exactly centralized for us.
But see, you act like it doesn't make sense to you. Two nights back-to-back because it's essentially a hometown show. Could they have used that extra House of Blues show for a NY date? Absolutely not. It would've required them to travel back to NY following all the CA shows. The whole point is for them to conclude the tour near their home.

Of course, it's going to be a west coast dominant tour because traveling will be easy for them. It makes perfect sense that since they're ending the tour in SoCal where their home is, they may throw an extra day in there.
05:27 PM on 02/22/12
VIVALAMATT
Two-Time APWP Champion
User Info.
And for anyone who says "Oh, Thrice didn't come to [enter city here] on this tour...guess I'll never see them." Well, maybe you shouldn't have waited until their damn farewell tour to decide to catch them live. They've tour bazillions of times before.
05:29 PM on 02/22/12
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
5 CA dates no NY dates outside of NYC. come on
suck it!
05:38 PM on 02/22/12
Ravelle17
master of disaster
User Info.
NYC here I come...or Philly?
05:45 PM on 02/22/12
SoundwaveUproar
Registered Member
User Info.
pants=blown. cannot wait
05:45 PM on 02/22/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
But see, you act like it doesn't make sense to you. Two nights back-to-back because it's essentially a hometown show. Could they have used that extra House of Blues show for a NY date? Absolutely not. It would've required them to travel back to NY following all the CA shows. The whole point is for them to conclude the tour near their home.

Of course, it's going to be a west coast dominant tour because traveling will be easy for them. It makes perfect sense that since they're ending the tour in SoCal where their home is, they may throw an extra day in there.
yes because obviously i meant giving one of those specific dates to ny and requiring them to fly back to play, not to schedule the tour with one more NY date that fit in there tour routing. duh dude.
05:47 PM on 02/22/12
Greg
User Info.
And for anyone who says "Oh, Thrice didn't come to [enter city here] on this tour...guess I'll never see them." Well, maybe you shouldn't have waited until their damn farewell tour to decide to catch them live. They've tour bazillions of times before.
just because I've seen them multiple times before doesn't mean that I can't be pissed I am missing them on their final tour. a tour that will prob include many old favorites they haven't played in years.
06:04 PM on 02/22/12
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
Their farewell tour and it's the first time they're playing where I live. I finally get to see them!
06:40 PM on 02/22/12
qwerty22
we're pieces on the board
User Info.
It would be cool if they brought out some of their long-time friends for different select dates.
06:48 PM on 02/22/12
Mibabalou
Desolate Earth :: The End Is Here
User Info.
Ill be at the CT date for sure!
06:56 PM on 02/22/12
Brian vs Shark
AP's biggest Mike Kinsella Fanboy
User Info.
Hmmmm, if I get to meet THE drewb then I may have to
I'd be jealous
07:04 PM on 02/22/12
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love this band. Calling it a Farewell Tour makes it sound permanent which scares me. I plan on making it though.
07:16 PM on 02/22/12
bayside319
User Info.
Stats exam the day after the show...fuck
07:18 PM on 02/22/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Will be going to the Lake Buena Vista show. Hoping it doesn't sell out. Also, curious who the other guests will be.
07:40 PM on 02/22/12
guitarman2189
User Info.
I have to go to the show at the Metro, just have to..
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums