AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts.
03:26 PM on 02/22/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Nice game plan, they can do pretty well without a label probably. Even if they shit out the same song ten times they'll be making more money with it.
Like FTSK?
03:39 PM on 02/22/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Can you compare the two? AA!, whether you like the music or not, is the biggest band in that side of the scene. Much bigger than FTSK were at any point I would argue, and especially much bigger than FTSK six months ago when they opted to go that way.

If they grow their fan base with this record (which seems to be working) and play the, "support us! we're on our own now!" card, I think they'll be probably alright.

If they sold 19K copies again and did it completely on their own, that's a nice amount of money on top of all merch income, tour income, etc
There was a time when FTSK were as big, relatively, as AA. It's all a cycle of what's trendy - and there was a moment where FTSK were at the top of that cycle. But trends change.

If they do it - it certainly is.
03:51 PM on 02/22/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Could they manage a jump to a major label?
I'd argue that's the worst move they could make career wise.
04:26 PM on 02/22/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Seeing as AA! has had two consecutive albums debut in the Top 40, and continue to sell out tours, I'd say they'd do just fine without a label. FTSK had some success with 'Woah!', followed that up with a complete pile of shit EP and lost their fanbase.
They were more popular than you're giving them credit for.

I see a similar future for a trend-infused band like this. But I'd definitely milk that shit if I was in their shoes too. Take the money you made from the last album, quickly record, release it and profit. Looks like what they're doing.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests