AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
04:28 PM on 02/22/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Can you compare the two? AA!, whether you like the music or not, is the biggest band in that side of the scene. Much bigger than FTSK were at any point I would argue, and especially much bigger than FTSK six months ago when they opted to go that way.

If they grow their fan base with this record (which seems to be working) and play the, "support us! we're on our own now!" card, I think they'll be probably alright.

If they sold 19K copies again and did it completely on their own, that's a nice amount of money on top of all merch income, tour income, etc
04:37 PM on 02/22/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I guess funding for AA!'s promotion went towards DGD?
How do you mean? AA! landed at number 11 on the Billboard charts. That's pretty nuts
04:42 PM on 02/22/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Could they manage a jump to a major label?
I don't think it's worth it. Frankly, if they're going to sign with another label, it should be with Rise. They're Rise's number one priority (I would imagine) because of their size and financial earnings (I would also imagine). There's no way they'd make more money with a major or get more promotion with a major.

It also went pretty poorly for Escape The Fate from Epitaph. I'd look at that as an example towards why I wouldn't make that move
05:59 PM on 02/22/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
The Devil Wears Prada opened higher and sold more. AA! are HUGE, but biggest band in genre is stretching it. http://http://grafwall.indiestar.tv/...debuts-at.html
I don't listen to either, but I feel like TDWP are slightly less..Risexcore-esscque don't you?
06:38 AM on 02/24/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
19,000 copies is nothing! Rock bands don't make shit anymore specially since the music has goten to watered down and generic because of bands like AA and Asking Alexandria. That's why pop and hip hop artists are outselling all these rock genres and Dubstep now, Without a Label all the touring expenses of and recordings come out their own Pocket. Plus Promotion and all these other things. Plus they got to split everything between 5 people and pay their merch dude and techs. They would need to push 300,00 copies or more to get up to the big leagues.
If they sold 19K copies on their own without a label next time, that's a LARGE amount of money, and most likely more than they've ever seen from Rise put together on album sales.

Also, no one sells 300,000 copies anymore - especially not first week. It's dumb to even mention that. Nickelback didn't even break 100K, and whether you like them or not, they are the biggest "rock band" in America

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos