Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
05:03 PM on 02/22/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Seeing as AA! has had two consecutive albums debut in the Top 40, and continue to sell out tours, I'd say they'd do just fine without a label. FTSK had some success with 'Woah!', followed that up with a complete pile of shit EP and lost their fanbase.
05:51 PM on 02/22/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
They were more popular than you're giving them credit for.

I see a similar future for a trend-infused band like this. But I'd definitely milk that shit if I was in their shoes too. Take the money you made from the last album, quickly record, release it and profit. Looks like what they're doing.
I'm no huge fan of AA!, but listening to the new CD, I've noticed they have abandoned the electronic aspect of their sound, somewhat, and seem to be trying to create a new image and sound for themselves(ie The Devil Wears Prada). But seeing as how ADD their general fanbase is, I'd say its a smart move to ride the success of 'This Means War' and release the Feldmann produced CD as quick as possible.

As far as FTSK, ya they were huge for 'Underdog Alma Mater' and rode that for a while. But then 'Friday' happened and have been trying to recover ever since, and releasing a sub-par album after a horrid EP didnt help.
05:56 PM on 02/22/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
I'd be pretty surprised if Rise hasn't offered these guys whatever the hell they want to stay on the label. This Means War opened at 11 and they are without a doubt the biggest band in that scene right now.
The Devil Wears Prada opened higher and sold more. AA! are HUGE, but biggest band in genre is stretching it. http://http://grafwall.indiestar.tv/...debuts-at.html
06:02 PM on 02/22/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
I don't listen to either, but I feel like TDWP are slightly less..Risexcore-esscque don't you?
Ya, I agree, but both came up on the same label and kind of the same electronic hardcore wave, but TDWP have strayed far away from their original sound. AA! are trying to do the same it seems like with the release of their new CD.
06:14 PM on 02/22/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
And I know ETID have criticized AA! in the past, but I wonder if they defended AA! in that video post from earlier, would the responses be any different rather than all the hate AA! is getting.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos