Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
04:53 PM on 02/22/12
imposs1ble
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'll bet 10-1 they'll sign to metal blade. They're big enough for that to be an investment that the company would take. Also they (kinda) fit the roster in a roundabout way.

They'll sign somewhere. I don't think they can really do it on their own and I perish the thought of them starting their own label and making decisions of signing other bands they deem as "good."
02:14 AM on 02/27/12
imposs1ble
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
PSSSHHH!! Get out of here with that. Metal Blade would never go near Attack Attack. For as much money they might bring in Metal Blade is one of the most respected Death Metal labels (and most respected labels in general) they wouldnt go for this Rise-core garbage. But im with you in saying i think they'll sign somewhere. Maybe Ferret if they can convince the label the band is still "Christian"
Out of curiousity, if you were asked if Jim Florentine or Austrian Death Machine would be signed by Metal Blade, would you assume they would? Furthermore, The Goo Goo Dolls used to be on Metal Blade. Not to say that Attack Attack! is anything compared to any of them, but sometimes signings that don't make much sense just happen. Ask Limp Bizkit. Furthermore, why would they have to be Christian to sign to Ferret? Thats not a Christian label. Never has been.
11:28 PM on 03/08/12
imposs1ble
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So your asking if i would have guessed that the vocalist for As I Lay Dying (A signed Metal Blade band) would expect his own label to sign his side project..thats never happened before (Jonny Craig signed for his solo stuff, Of Mice & Men, Six Feet Under, Misery Index, etc.) so i guess you have a point there. But ya the Ferret thing was my mistake i was always under the impression they were a Christian label. Admittedly i over reacted but the point i was trying to get across was that Metal Blade is consist (more now than in the past) in staying true to the genre of music they sign, mainly Death Metal and Deathcore acts.

Jonny craig was never in of mice and men, six feet under, or misery index. He was in dance gavin dance, emarosa, and isles & glaciers. I'm well familiar with tim lambesis and as I lay dying and I get that that's why metal blade signed austrian death machine. Do you understand that you're contradicting yourself in saying that metal blade is very consistent in signing death metal, BUT they signed austrian death machine because of their vocalist? And yeah, I get that they basically sign similar bands, but as stated, they signed jim florentine (a comedian) and the friggin goo goo dolls. Yes I know they used to be a harder band than they are now, but they were never even close to death metal.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos