AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 110.
07:13 AM on 02/23/12
CurtisFFI
User Info.
I guess if FTSK was bigger at their peak and never wasted time with a major label in the first place. brb, gonna go blast Hey Brittany, jaaaaam.

I like FTSK. A lot, actually *runs and hides*
07:13 AM on 02/23/12
heyjoshua
No More
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Smart move on AA's part, Rise most likely wanted them to keep to their '40 minute long breakdown' sound, thus why TIW was so shitty. The 4 new songs on the self-titled re-release were awesome so hopefully their new album sounds like that.
07:16 AM on 02/23/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I like FTSK. A lot, actually *runs and hides*
There are like at least six songs they had that I fucking love. Haven't really kept up with them tho :/
07:37 AM on 02/23/12
CurtisFFI
User Info.
There are like at least six songs they had that I fucking love. Haven't really kept up with them tho :/

Fair enough!

The new record was a bit underwhelming but about 4 or 5 of the tracks were really solid.
07:55 AM on 02/23/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Fair enough!

The new record was a bit underwhelming but about 4 or 5 of the tracks were really solid.
I'll probably never check it out due to laziness, but will always have those handful of jams <3
08:03 AM on 02/23/12
ICBIMTS
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Everytime someone says "Risecore", I hate this site and its members just a little bit more.
08:33 AM on 02/23/12
xColetrainx
Whitpix
User Info.
Why would they record with John Feldman? Quite an odd fit if you ask me. And I haven't really liked any of his recent work with bands.
09:24 AM on 02/23/12
Syke123
User Info.
it will be better, if they break up.
09:45 AM on 02/23/12
Ashe
You need a mortician baby
User Info.
Nobody shit on this band more than I did. I went to their tour kick off show in columbus about a month ago, purely as a gag and to people watch and see who in the hell actually goes to this bands shows. I was furious/humbled by the end, because they put on a very professional and proficient show. I dare say that I had fun. Very VERY surprised.
09:46 AM on 02/23/12
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ah, thanks, Attack! Attack! are pretty good, such a shame they share a name with these idiots.

Also, didn't these guys JUST release a new record?
can't really speak for john or andrew whiting, but wetzel and caleb are definitely not "idiots." also, they recorded two albums at once, one of which was self-produced and one of which was with feldman.
09:48 AM on 02/23/12
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Nobody shit on this band more than I did. I went to their tour kick off show in columbus about a month ago, purely as a gag and to people watch and see who in the hell actually goes to this bands shows. I was furious/humbled by the end, because they put on a very professional and proficient show. I dare say that I had fun. Very VERY surprised.
well i'm glad at least one person on here is a big enough person to admit that this band has come a long way since SCS.
10:19 AM on 02/23/12
agl
User Info.
they were more listenable back then? are you kidding? the songs from the s/t's deluxe reissue are their most listenable by a long shot
I just don't like Caleb Shomo's voice, or his songwriting. Him becoming the frontman just really killed their sound for me.
10:44 AM on 02/23/12
brainstew123
User Info.
well to be fair FTSK went from zero listenable songs on The Weekend:Friday EP to 2-3 on their self titled so their improving?
their self titled had some really good songs actually. their weekend ep was catchy, and i did like most of it
10:56 AM on 02/23/12
TheKingIsDead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If you think about it, it makes a ton of sense that they do this next album on their own. They lend their definitive AA! album on Rise, giving Rise and the kids something to feed off of, and then release their next album, a total change of pace (Feldmann producing this is monumental in my mind) on their own. That leaves Rise to reap the benefits of the Rise-esque metalcore/whatever album and projects that image and style for Rise. It just further extends that template of Rise bands to me.

The Feldmann album is probably going to be phenomenal in its own respect, and probably extremely different, and more listenable to people who wouldn't necessarily find themselves looking for the Stick Stickly/AC130 mess that the Rise scene latched on to. A more listenable album combined with their hype (if marketed well) means a first week that's just as strong if not stronger, because I predict a lot more listenability and a broader reach. Even coming close to the 11th slot on their own merit means a massive amount of profit, even if they dump in a veritable shitload on the marketing.

Just my take.
11:27 AM on 02/23/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
their self titled had some really good songs actually. their weekend ep was catchy, and i did like most of it
you had me on the first sentence. Lost me on the second.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests