Username
Password
Recommended News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 63.
03:55 PM on 02/26/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I guess I am the only one on this site that was not really impressed with the new Fun. album. I will give it more listens this week and see if it can grow on me. I think it is a solid album but the songs just don't feel memorable and I even find myself skipping songs. I want to like Some Nights more but I will have to just settle for considering it solid at very least. I understand why people are hyped about it and what not. Some Nights intro and then Some Nights are some of Fun.'s best songs but from there it is really hard for me to pick out favorites. We Are Young grew on me. It Gets Better and Stars are just not fun for me to listen to. I wish the band as much success as possible but also hope that the next records sounds new and fresh again so I might be able to enjoy. I am not close minded I just don't really care for hip hop or its production (I have tried to like lots of forms of music and don't like everything).
Also the kanye west influences also sorta kill it for me because I just think he has bad character as much as I don't care for his music. Not trying to come off as pretentious as I respect fun. greatly and hard working artists in genres that I don't even listen to. I just found Some Nights to be a let down overall. I will come back to it when I have had time to listen to other good new music.
04:02 PM on 02/26/12
imtherealdave
Mostly Harmless
User Info.
I guess I am the only one on this site that was not really impressed with the new Fun. album. I will give it more listens this week and see if it can grow on me.

You don't have to apologize for not liking an album. I'm not a big fan of Some Nights either.
04:05 PM on 02/26/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
You don't have to apologize for not liking an album. I'm not a big fan of Some Nights either.
I personally feel bad about it cause I wish them the best with the album. I wanted to enjoy it a lot more than I did. I actually liked We Are Young and was stoked for the album. The band is incredibly talented and the the album still has some all star songs but I am surprised I could not get into this. Reminds me when everyone loved the new album by The Cab and I could not get into any of that despite wishing them the best.
04:16 PM on 02/26/12
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Saw this band open for O'Brother and Junius in Grand Rapids on Thursday, and I was beyond impressed. RIYL: Typhoon, Fleet Foxes, Her Name Is Calla

Facebook page
04:29 PM on 02/26/12
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
User Info.
Basement needs more love around here.

ALL THE LIGHTS ARE OUT IN YOUR HOUSE, YOU'RE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND
04:56 PM on 02/26/12
hotsoftlight
to here knows when
User Info.
women- public strain. still can't believe chris passed away this week. such an amazing guitarist.
05:18 PM on 02/26/12
Spencer Control
Now we are all sons of bitches
User Info.

Also, I just spent an hour walking around barefoot in the freezing cold, listening and singing along to music that reminds me of my best friends. Made me so happy.
05:23 PM on 02/26/12
screenhead
User Info.
Finally got a chance to listen to Evening by Mae and wow what a beautiful record
05:27 PM on 02/26/12
JinxRemoving
User Info.
This week:

Islands
fun.
Spiritualized
Air
Brother Ali
06:33 PM on 02/26/12
Erik the Orange
What do they know about friends?
User Info.
Digimon Season 1 and The Walking Dead.

Tamers is where it's at.
06:33 PM on 02/26/12
Brett9
a creative username?
User Info.
Really like Some Nights a lot, but it definitely didn't blow me away, as some seem to feel. Either way - there's no denying the amount of talent on that record or in that band. Just great stuff.

What's really taken me by surprise is the new Menzingers album On the Impossible Past. First time giving these guys a listen, and really love this album. Highly recommend you check it out...it really has that feel of a "lasting" album that will always be meaningful and real, even years down the road.
06:40 PM on 02/26/12
brennanisarealboy
User Info.
women- public strain. still can't believe chris passed away this week. such an amazing guitarist.
Can't recommend them enough either. It's so tragic he's too young. With him being dead Public Strain has a whole new feeling to it. That album deserves so much more praise than it gets.

And....
Burn the Boats- Farewell Republic
06:52 PM on 02/26/12
TSLataris
Representin' the 514
User Info.
No love for No Trigger on here? Their new album is killer.
06:54 PM on 02/26/12
schlotty
See you later, Joben!
User Info.
New Cheap Girls is awesome. Same with Nada Surf.
07:04 PM on 02/26/12
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
Sims - Bad Time Zoo
Above and Beyond - Group Therapy
fun. - Some Nights
Feed Me - Escape From Electric Mountain
Doomtree - No Kings

My girlfriend also had our first child on 2/22. That was pretty awesome.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS