AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Carnifex-Until I Feel Nothing Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.25
Musicianship 9
Lyrics 7
Production 9
Creativity 7.25
Lasting Value 8.25
Reviewer Tilt 8.25
Final Verdict: 81%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Carnifex-Until I Feel Nothing

Reviewed by: Zookeeper156 (02/27/12)
Carnifex - Until I Feel NothingRecord Label-Victory
Release Date-October 24, 2010

Being Victory Records heaviest band, Carnifex showed no mercy on their later album, filling it with some of the most evil breakdowns around today. Never letting up for even a second, Until I Feel Nothing is a true gem for metal fans as well as fans of hardcore as well. This 5 piece Deathcore band from San Diego, CA is helping to bring Victory back to the forefront of the scene with the best album the label has released in years.

The opening track sets a dark tone for the album, with creepy ambiance followed by a dastardly bass and drum oriented breakdown before a burst of anger from frontman Scott Lewis growling "Fuck The World" followed by a very cyber breakdown welcoming you to the hell that is this album.

After the intro, the band immediately bursts into an in-your-face track entitled "We Spoke Of Lies." The song is made up of blast beats and face melting guitar riffs that is worthy for the most dangerous of pits. The tracks that follow never stray away from that very mood and keep you on your feet at all times, putting you in the mood to break skullsas it keeps coming at you like runaway train with no intention of stopping.

The most noteworthy song on this album would be the title track. It is without a doubt the fastest, heaviest and the most violent song on the entire album that holds a very tight-knit structure starting off with something very close to what can be considered black metal. With a left to right faded guitar riff before a downright evil slam, this song alone sells the entire album in itself, and if anything at all with make you rise up in anger.

Now we do expect this from any metal band, but what sets this band apart from the rest is there creativity as well as there attempt to avoid any kind of fashion or labels. This album has enough raw power to go around, as well as a blue collar feel rather than the typical "check out our clothing" band that is so commonly found. Even if you disl
ike this album, you will respect it and the band for their working class ethics and honesty in their lyrics rather than making up random nonsense.

So if you are a fan of moshing, breakdowns, and straight up angry metal, this is the album for you. No other band on Victory Records will even come close to the brutality of Until I Feel Nothing and probably never will. You can buy this album wherever records are sold or on Victory's website and you check out the band now on tour All Shall Parish.

Recommended If You LikeOceano, Whitechapel, The Human Abstract

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests