Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 192
05:10 PM on 02/28/12
ratmachine182
http://www.twitter.com/reiandcoke
User Info.
If the a label signs a band that has no rapport, little to no credibility, and no past success then I can fully understand why they want to see the band put out material that sounds like their demo or whatever the fuck got them signed. If I sign band A that gave me a demo that sounded like paramore, so I signed band A as they told me that is the direction the want to go in and then tries to put out a nu-metal album then I would say "fuck you, put out the music i signed you to put out" (aside: I have a soft spot for nu-metal and would never say this) . I get that "integrity" and "creativity" are important but if I was putting my money into signing them, then they better give me what I am paying for. A band like blink has earned their creative freedom and should be given free reign to do as they please. This band (who I just had to search on youtube) has not.
06:10 PM on 02/28/12
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
fbrrocks...can't tell if troll, or giving actual opinions.
06:40 PM on 02/28/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
So heard from the label at all? Or the band?
07:22 PM on 02/28/12
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
I don't agree at all. Thomas said earlier that they sound like a less talented Hayley Williams and Alex Gaskarth. Why listen to them when you can actually listen to Paramore and ATL? The music is bland and the lyrics are worse. I just don't see the potential at all. Now with TDS I do. They write great songs, are fairly recognizable, and people really connect. Imagine if this band did half the shit TDS does. No one would listen to them anymore.

And don't get me started on how that girl looks... I'm trying to be nicer in 2012
Whoa!!! Just checked out your profile and YOUR talking about Tay's looks? Im gonna be nice here in 2012 like you and not say much more other than, Her 8 You 3
07:25 PM on 02/28/12
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
I honestly have no idea why bands do this.

If I was running a label and these guys were in consideration for being signed, I'd look at this and be really worried.
07:26 PM on 02/28/12
fontezisonfire
facebook.com/babybabylovesyou
User Info.
They could release an album at the right time, when music moves toward rock again ... and blow up. They could release a cult classic. Seems weird to completely write it off as impossible -- they could get bigger. If they released an album on the same level as TDAG (I would bet money they won't) ... they would definitely get bigger.
I'm glad you said, 'When music moves towards rock again' should be soon.
07:49 PM on 02/28/12
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
i will defend watic until the day i die. they rock so much rob is one of the best dummers out there and they have the best merchie ever Molly Texeira-Torres and i think tay is cutier/hotter then hayley cassadee pope, rihanna and more
Oh my god I'm cracking up so hard.
08:06 PM on 02/28/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Whoa!!! Just checked out your profile and YOUR talking about Tay's looks? Im gonna be nice here in 2012 like you and not say much more other than, Her 8 You 3

And what's wrong with the way I look? Please humor me.
08:25 PM on 02/28/12
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
I don't see any valid basis for taking sides until the full story comes out and we know what the fuck they're upset about. I will say though, that the activity in this thread seems to speak somewhat for the popularity of the band.
08:34 PM on 02/28/12
BFH Drums
User Info.
has the thought crossed anyone's mind that maybe the passive aggressive tweeting wasnt about hopeless, but instead was mocking another band that had been passive aggressively tweeting their respective label?

09:03 PM on 02/28/12
drftstosilence
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
they are forgetting the golden rule. he with the gold, rules.
09:56 PM on 02/28/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
^the post above me being deleted makes me want to know what it says. Dammit Alex led your opinion be heard!
10:06 PM on 02/28/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
^the post above me being deleted makes me want to know what it says. Dammit Alex led your opinion be heard!
He quoted Thomas' post about WATIC sounding like a less talented Hayley and himself singing ATL songs. He said "This guy knows what's up!"
10:07 PM on 02/28/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
He quoted Thomas' post about WATIC sounding like a less talented Hayley and himself singing ATL songs. He said "This guy knows what's up!"
Aww damn I was hoping for some actual insight since ATL has had problems with Hopeless in the past
10:09 PM on 02/28/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Aww damn I was hoping for some actual insight since ATL has had problems with Hopeless in the past
Nope that was it. I wonder why he deleted it? Maybe he thought it'd come off as a jab to WATIC

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos