Username
Password

12:26 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male
I'm listening to the Joe Rogan podcast, and B-Real from Cypress Hill is the guest. They're talking about the legalization of weed and the benefits, etc.

I'm against it, I believe letting the general public have the ability to be high around non smokers is a bad idea. Similar to the reason we have drunk in publiclaws. The main argument is that "no one has overdosed from weed". Which may be true, but not everyone can handle weed, similar to how some people can handle liquor better than others.

If it were to be legal, I feel the only rational way is to make it legal for people who actually need it, not just for anyone that can go buy and carry openly. I know we have medical places but for $200 here in California, you can all of a sudden be "diagnosed" with something that will let you buy weed from a dispensary. I just think these laws should be a little more strict and something put in place to narrow down the scams and quacks out there.

But I do have a question that I don't really ever hear discussed. All of the pro-weed people swear by the magical plant and claim that THC can replace a lot of pharmaceutical stuff. What if weed didn't give you the "high" feeling, what if it had no feeling at all, would you still be praising it because it can be a substitute for harmful medicine?

Basically, I feel that the reason potheads want the weed legal is so they can be high more freely, and not be worried for possession. Then, the argument that it put forward is that it seems to help certain people. But if you take that "high" feeling away, I wouldn't be surprised if the push for legalization goes away.
12:29 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
Basically, I feel that the reason potheads want the weed legal is so they can be high more freely, and not be worried for possession.
I smoke pot to get high, and I want it to be legalized or decriminalized so I can continue to do that and not worry about getting in trouble. No "potheads" pretend that that's not the case.
12:34 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
kingsarewild
YOU BETTER THINK AGAIN, MOJAMBO.
I use weed as both a recreational drug and a painkiller. I don't see anything wrong with that. People can go to Target and buy a shitload of Tylenol. How is this any different except that it's much safer and takes less to achieve results?
12:35 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
I use weed as both a recreational drug and a painkiller. I don't see anything wrong with that. People can go to Target and buy a shitload of Tylenol. How is this any different except that it's much safer and takes less to achieve results?
You're talking crazy man. Weed ain't magic. DARE explicitly states that marijuana is bad and there's commercials for Tylenol on TV so it's gotta be safer.
12:39 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
kingsarewild
You're talking crazy man. Weed ain't magic. DARE explicitly states that marijuana is bad and there's commercials for Tylenol on TV so it's gotta be safer.

There are commercials for cars on TV, but it's safer just to walk. I don't see any commercials for walking!!!
12:40 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
zion the lion
pull over that ass is too fat.
Female - 22 Years Old

Why use something illegal as a painkiller when you can go to the doctor and get a prescription for something legal?
12:40 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old

There are commercials for cars on TV, but it's safer just to walk. I don't see any commercials for walking!!!
Pro-walking people swear that "walking" is just some magical natural mode of transportation that could solve all of our carbon emission problems. I don't buy it; I think they just like getting high off the fresh air.
12:42 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
Why use something illegal as a painkiller when you can go to the doctor and get a prescription for something legal?
http://www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/PainkillerOverdoses/

Quote:
Deaths from prescription painkillers* have reached epidemic levels in the past decade
12:43 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
kingsarewild
I do have a prescription for something legal. It's called marijuana.

Not only that, why I should I take something man-made in a factory that's loaded with chemicals just to give the pharmaceutical companies more of an enormous profit when I could just grow something safer in my backyard?
12:46 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male

Long story short, medication has various, sometimes very serious side effects. Whenever you see a commercial on tv, and they say "Check with your doctor before using". Some of the side effects they list out are crazy.
12:48 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male
I smoke pot to get high, and I want it to be legalized or decriminalized so I can continue to do that and not worry about getting in trouble. No "potheads" pretend that that's not the case.

You're a good example, being honest about it. But I'm talking about people who are on a level where millions of people can hear them. No way in hell you will hear a pro-weed person, on tv, saying what you just said. They will throw in the medical use and completely brush over the feeling that it gives you, regardless if you use it for pain/stress or not.
12:48 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
kingsarewild
Pro-walking people swear that "walking" is just some magical natural mode of transportation that could solve all of our carbon emission problems. I don't buy it; I think they just like getting high off the fresh air.
You know, all your favorite bands walk all the time. They're huge walkers! Where do you think Dark Side of the Moon came from? Spinning a wheel?!
12:50 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
You're a good example, being honest about it. But I'm talking about people who are on a level where millions of people can hear them. No way in hell you will hear a pro-weed person, on tv, saying what you just said. They will throw in the medical use and completely brush over the feeling that it gives you, regardless if you use it for pain/stress or not.
I think the reason public debate centers around the medicinal reasons are largely because of widespread conservative mindset of middle America that wouldn't even otherwise listen. Any smoker you'll meet in private (or at least that I've met) would gladly say they just enjoy smoking the same way I enjoy drinking or watching TV or skiing or whatever it is someone enjoys doing.
12:51 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
You know, all your favorite bands walk all the time. They're huge walkers! Where do you think Dark Side of the Moon came from? Spinning a wheel?!
And lulz were had. :-D
12:51 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
kingsarewild
That's because if they told the truth, all the paranoid, closed-minded, go-by-what-the-pastor-says conservatives would campaign even harder against it, and all the people on the fence would fall right off. It's almost like gay pride parades. They only exist in reaction to the resistance.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos