Username
Password

11:40 AM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Saw Kind Hearts and Coronets. Holy fuck, what a movie. Haha. I love Ealing but this is by far the blackest, meanest, most subversive thing I've seen from them. And Alec Guiness is a genius.
12:00 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
secretsociety92
secretsociety92 for last.fm & Xbox
England!!
Male - 22 Years Old
Dr. No - 10/10

50 years, still looks great.
12:30 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
drat!
How much cheese is too much cheese?
PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Lawless

Great movie. Tom Hardy stands out as always.
05:37 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
sargentlgfuad
Glass boy
Boston
Male - 22 Years Old
was i supposed to? it's pretty well-known as one of the better twists of all-time

Really? It was so blunt. They even called her queer at one point. And it was so dumb. "Oh, she's killing people because she's actually a boy!" ...yeah cause that makes so much sense.
05:38 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
sargentlgfuad
Glass boy
Boston
Male - 22 Years Old
I've seen Sleepaway Camp twice and it was in my pre-high school stages of adolescence, but there's no way it's as abhorrent as The Room.

Yeah it is. They are both so god-awful that they are hilarious. And I love both of them!
05:49 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
Argentine
When I die, rap dies; Destiny Bond.
ACTUALLY South Korea
Female
Ratcatcher - 7.5/10

For whatever reason, I had to keep coming back to the death at the beginning. I became much more interested in James' sense of escapism and the state of his living situations causing him to grapple between a fantasy world and a physical one. Just watching this kid trudge through these garbage laden streets, unhopeful about his life, and attempting to keep his hopefulness about his future fairly grounded is touching.

Overall, I prefer Morvern Callar though.
09:12 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
luckykaruba
Jazz Baby
Female - 28 Years Old
Hotel Transylvania: 7.65/10 lots of fun with some racist moments! Also sends a message to the kids I don't agree with! Get with the times Song pictures!

Fat Girl 10/10 lovely lovely lovely.
02:35 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Importer/Exporter
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
My mission for November is to see every bond movie since I have only seen a handful.

My girlfriend has almost all of them on dvd and I'll netflix the rest...I'm excited, probably post those reviews in here.
02:37 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
secretsociety92
secretsociety92 for last.fm & Xbox
England!!
Male - 22 Years Old
My mission for November is to see every bond movie since I have only seen a handful.

My girlfriend has almost all of them on dvd and I'll netflix the rest...I'm excited, probably post those reviews in here.

Please do, always like discussing the Bond series.
03:24 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified

She sounds like a keeper!
06:45 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
Frankenweenie (Tim Burton, 2012)
B+

http://nursingshorelines.com/2012/10...m-burton-2012/

By returning to the relatively simple combination of gothic horror and comedy that he was so successful with in films like Ed Wood and Beetlejuice, Tim Burton has made his best film in almost ten years. A 100% Burton original (even if it is based on a short he made in the early 80s, as well as skeletally just an updating of Frankenstein), Frankenweenie is the story of a young boy named Victor. When his dog, Sparky, is run over by a car, he is devastated. Unable to live without his dog, he uses the power of science to bring him back to life.

The combination of gorgeous black and white photography and grotesque character design gives the film a style all its own. This is a complete 180 from the sumptuous (but soulless) design of recent films Dark Shadows and Alice in Wonderland. Frankenweenie is Burton’s first film in years that actually has a heart, due in no small part to the fact that, for once, he has a more than tenuous connection to the material.

While it could have easily devolved into a basic Frankenstein remake, the film succeeds in a big way because of the other directions Burton takes the story. There are homages to everything from Gremlins to Godzilla, from Dracula to Edward Scissorhands. It’s also a decidedly pro-science film, ballsy in a political climate that seems to reject anything of that nature.

There’s not a lot of heft to Frakenweenie. It hasn’t stuck with me twelve hours later, and I doubt I’ll watch it again. But the combination of all the elements I’ve already mentioned, as well as a great voice cast (including Burton vets Winona Ryder and Martin Landau, as well as Catherine O’Hara and Martin Short in multiple roles) and some incredibly subtle dry humor, added up to one of the more pleasant times I’ve spent watching a movie this year.
06:02 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
Taken 2 (Olivier Megaton, 2012)
F

I feel torn. I have a lot to say about this movie, but I don't want to act like it deserves any sort of response. This is a putrid, vile, soulless, empty, awful, very bad film. It's everything I hate about Hollywood wrapped into one messy, 90 minute package. I'll expand on that tomorrow, though I guess I don't really need to.

And this is coming from someone who had a lot of fun with the original.
07:30 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
SlappedActor
Tread lightly.
The House at the End of the Street - 3/10

Typical lame horror film. Jennifer Lawrence deserves better.
11:32 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
domotime2
great googily moogily
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
Looper - 7/10

yeah, i heard everyone on this site basically giving this a big ole B+ rating...and i think that's basically where it is. It could've been smarter...less spoon-fed...even perhaps a slightly better/bigger/more important twist? I dont know. The movie just didn't seem like it was very much of anything. I will see anything with a time travel plot or sci-fi esque 'reality' plot, so I applaud the effort for a pretty unique plot. Emily blunt is a major hottie, so that's a plus...it was also nice to see Perabo back on the screen (without clothes ow ow). Enjoyable movie and I was certainly throughout...but afterwards, i just kept wishing that this movie was MORE.

03:27 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
Argentine
When I die, rap dies; Destiny Bond.
ACTUALLY South Korea
Female

Saw this a night or two ago and I couldn't disagree more.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos