Password

05:29 PM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
Full Effect Ed
Nonstop Disco Powerpack
Perry Hall, MD
Male - 30 Years Old
The Girl Next Door (2004) (4*)

Another one of my personal favorites, for various reasons.
05:42 PM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
thesinkingship
a fire? at the sea parks!
Anyone know where to d/l subtitles that are text and not .srt files online?

.srt files is the easiest way, so I'm not sure why you're asking...

EDIT: Why the fuck are you downloading shit anyway?
06:18 PM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
.srt files is the easiest way, so I'm not sure why you're asking...

EDIT: Why the fuck are you downloading shit anyway?

Movie I need to find is on youtube, in French. Haha.
08:12 PM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
Shakriel
I just need reassurance.
Arizona
Male - 27 Years Old
My Fair Lady - 7/10 Eh...
08:13 PM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
My Fair Lady - 7/10 Eh...

So sad you didn't love it. One of my top 30 or so ever.
08:16 PM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
Shakriel
I just need reassurance.
Arizona
Male - 27 Years Old
So sad you didn't love it. One of my top 30 or so ever.
As a musical I found it to be weak, but enjoyed it over all. But it's never going to match up to my love of the play, so naturally it disappoints. But as always Audrey Hepburn is a cutie (even if her Cockney accent was a bit over the top).
08:20 PM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
As a musical I found it to be weak, but enjoyed it over all. But it's never going to match up to my love of the play, so naturally it disappoints. But as always Audrey Hepburn is a cutie (even if her Cockney accent was a bit over the top).

Well Eliza is supposed to be the cockney girl, to an exaggerated level, so it's kind of appropriate. And I'm not sure there's ever been better set or costume design on a movie. The look of that film is stunning. Plus "On the Street that You Live", "I Could Have Danced All Night", "Why Can't the English Learn How to Speak?" and "I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face" are some of my favorite songs in any musical.

Oh and Stanley Holloway is fucking awesome.
08:27 PM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
Shakriel
I just need reassurance.
Arizona
Male - 27 Years Old
Well Eliza is supposed to be the cockney girl, to an exaggerated level, so it's kind of appropriate. And I'm not sure there's ever been better set or costume design on a movie. The look of that film is stunning. Plus "On the Street that You Live", "I Could Have Danced All Night", "Why Can't the English Learn How to Speak?" and "I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face" are some of my favorite songs in any musical.

Oh and Stanley Holloway is fucking awesome.
Yeah, I know, haha. Costume and set were excellent, and looked great in Blu-ray. The latter two songs were my favorite of the film.
My problem is I went in comparing it to the play and I try so hard not to do that. I'll probably give it another go in a few weeks after graduation when I'm hopefully not so exhausted.

I will say that though my score is somewhat low-ish, it ranks high on my list of favorite musicals, but below Top Hat and others.
08:29 PM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Yeah, I know, haha. Costume and set were excellent, and looked great in Blu-ray. The latter two songs were my favorite of the film.
My problem is I went in comparing it to the play and I try so hard not to do that. I'll probably give it another go in a few weeks after graduation when I'm hopefully not so exhausted.

I will say that though my score is somewhat low-ish, it ranks high on my list of favorite musicals, but below Top Hat and others.

Yeah it falls behind Top Hat, West Side Story and Mary Poppins for me, and just ahead of Singin' in the Rain and Swing Time.
08:36 PM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
Shakriel
I just need reassurance.
Arizona
Male - 27 Years Old
Yeah it falls behind Top Hat, West Side Story and Mary Poppins for me, and just ahead of Singin' in the Rain and Swing Time.
Was supposed to have watched West Side Story for class, but I kind of have stopped watching any of the musicals for class since I either saw them before (Finian's fuckin' Rainbow) or lacked time until today with a huge paper slapping everything else away. Also supposed to watch Greece, but I really don't want to, and it has Travolta. /sigh
08:38 PM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
thesinkingship
a fire? at the sea parks!
*Grease
08:50 PM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Was supposed to have watched West Side Story for class, but I kind of have stopped watching any of the musicals for class since I either saw them before (Finian's fuckin' Rainbow) or lacked time until today with a huge paper slapping everything else away. Also supposed to watch Greece, but I really don't want to, and it has Travolta. /sigh

Last time I tried to rank a top 10, West Side Story was #6. Fucking masterpiece. The incidental score between the songs alone. Ugh. Love it so much.

Grease is alright. It has a sense of humor and the songs are good. A bit overhyped by girls who did musical theater in their high schools, but a fun watch. Haha.

Travolta is such a god awful actor. I cannot believe he has had a 40 year career.

He has his moments. But they're few and far between.
08:52 PM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
Shakriel
I just need reassurance.
Arizona
Male - 27 Years Old
Haha, fuck. Can't believe I made that mistake. xD

Last time I tried to rank a top 10, West Side Story was #6. Fucking masterpiece. The incidental score between the songs alone. Ugh. Love it so much.

Grease is alright. It has a sense of humor and the songs are good. A bit overhyped by girls who did musical theater in their high schools, but a fun watch. Haha.
Well I guess I will have to eventually check out WSS then.
08:54 PM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Haha, fuck. Can't believe I made that mistake. xD

Well I guess I will have to eventually check out WSS then.

I seriously can't recommend it enough. And Natalie Wood is so fucking beautiful in that movie I can't stand it.
09:04 PM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
Shakriel
I just need reassurance.
Arizona
Male - 27 Years Old
I seriously can't recommend it enough. And Natalie Wood is so fucking beautiful in that movie I can't stand it.
Her picture on IMDB has me sold, haha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version