AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Moving Mountains News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Mount Carmel Mid-Season Hiatus

Posted by - 09:03 AM on 03/05/12
Due to Moving Mountains' upcoming tour, Josh Kirby's Mount Carmel and The End Of The World project will be going on a "Mid-Season Hiatus." As a thank you, the first 10 songs are now available in a pay-what-you-want format, along with some other treats. Check the replies for details.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
09:04 AM on 03/05/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
from Josh KirbyHi Everyone,

Unfortunately, due to extensive touring with Moving Mountains, I'm going to be putting Mount Carmel and the End of the World on a 'Mid-Season Hiatus' for a little while. This weeks song 'The Ghost in Everything' marks the 10th track for this year and I'm going to do another 10 when we get a break from touring (probably during the summer). Thank you to everyone who's supported this project so far, it's been an incredible experience for me that I can't wait to keep building on in the very near future.

In keeping with the experimental theme of Mount Carmel, I'm going to try something that I've been toying with for a little while. For the next two weeks I'm going to be offering the first 10 songs in the Year.01 collection (http://mtcarmel.bandcamp.com/album/year-01) with pay-what-you-want pricing. You're more than welcome to snag it for free if you want to BUT if you pay at least $5 for it I'll send you the first 5 songs from the next half for free. The collection also includes an acoustic version of the song 'onceevertwiceover' and the cover art for each individual song. Hop to it! Hope to see some of you these next few months on the road with Mov Mou, if not I'll see you in the summer!

Cheers.

-Josh Kirby
09:04 AM on 03/05/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Definitely suggest everyone grab these tracks, and definitely suggest pitching in a few bucks - if you don't love the music, you have to love the format and innovation behind his model.
09:15 AM on 03/05/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
love this little project he has going. Hopefully he gets back into it right after the touring. I need more.
09:21 AM on 03/05/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Gonna give Josh bout $7.50 when I get paid cuz that's how I do.
10:22 AM on 03/05/12
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
um why isn't frank back in the band yet? I can't complain because I'm getting in free though but he brings a presence that just can't really be matched when their singers head is down the whole time and the bassist just stares at the wall lol love them but finish your schoolwork dude! haha
10:30 AM on 03/05/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
um why isn't frank back in the band yet? I can't complain because I'm getting in free though but he brings a presence that just can't really be matched when their singers head is down the whole time and the bassist just stares at the wall lol love them but finish your schoolwork dude! haha
The press release they sent out about the upcoming EP didn't have Frank in the promo pic...
11:27 AM on 03/05/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Is this project named after the Waco incedent?
11:49 AM on 03/05/12
mister fresh
nightynightmedia.com
User Info.
This. I saw them on the Thrice tour without him and they sounded top notch, but Frank just brings their live show to the next level.
09:24 PM on 03/05/12
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
That is really unfortunate =[ my friend goes to the same school I told him if he ever bumps into him (probably won't happen) but if he does to ask him what the deal is and if he's really not in mm anymore that he should join the project I'm starting up haha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos