Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 176
08:00 PM on 03/07/12
BTBAM777
Big Boy
User Info.
IF YOU LIVE IN ARIZONA: We're meeting on Friday, April 20th at Tempe Beach Park from 9pm to 3am in the morning to hang up posters everywhere, in order to make Kony famous. Let me know if you want more info.
08:23 PM on 03/07/12
Napzz
User Info.
Anyone supporting this is retarded. Kony hasn't been active in Uganda since 2006.

Read: http://timeofyoursong.tumblr.com/post/18894377018
08:55 PM on 03/07/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Mature and well thought out response. Word of advice, if you're gonna try to be an internet tough guy, at least be funny.
See I don't need to have a witty response to someone criticising a charitable cause, you kind of insult yourself
09:52 PM on 03/07/12
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
See I don't need to have a witty response to someone criticising a charitable cause, you kind of insult yourself

And you insult yourself and show how na´ve you are by thinking anything calling itself charitable is beyond reproach or criticism.
09:56 PM on 03/07/12
RayJoonya
DreamofSleeping.com
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Glad this video's getting traction. Hope it leads to action.

Go back to watching Loose Change and let the adults talk.
Haha seriously! Did he just pull the "we ran our own planes into ourselves" card?
12:09 AM on 03/08/12
xent
this is what separates me from you!
User Info.
i watch this because i feel sad for jacob and it touches my heart.
everyone should watch this
12:19 AM on 03/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Anyone supporting this is retarded. Kony hasn't been active in Uganda since 2006.

The LRA left northern Uganda in 2006. The LRA is currently active in Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, and South Sudan. Invisible Children’s mission is to stop Joseph Kony and the LRA wherever they are and help rehabilitate LRA-affected communities. The Ugandan government’s army, the UPDF, is more organized and better equipped than that of any of the other affected countries (DRC, South Sudan, CAR) to track down Joseph Kony. Part of the US strategy to stop Kony is to encourage cooperation between the governments and armies of the 4 LRA-affected countries. The LRA was active in Uganda for nearly 20 years, displacing 1.7 million people and abducting at least 30,000 children. The people and government of Uganda have a vested interested in seeing him stopped.
12:23 AM on 03/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
This has been going on for years...In multiple forms and it seems like most people are too stupid to realize that and are hopping on the bandwagon. Is it sad? Yes, of course. Is it terrible? It's up there with some of the most terrible things to occur, but its like nobody gave a shit 2 days ago and it's like now people want to back Invisible Children which is a shady "non profit" organization. Get off the bandwagon and open your eyes to this kinda stuff yourself. Don't wait to be fed information.
Why does it matter how someone came across the iinformation?
12:26 AM on 03/08/12
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
I think the best criticism of this hasn't been of how it informs people of the situation, or whether or not it is still a relevant cause, but whether or not the actions taken by IC continue a paternalistic pattern of action that is just a shadow of colonialism.
12:31 AM on 03/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I think the best criticism of this hasn't been of how it informs people of the situation, or whether or not it is still a relevant cause, but whether or not the actions taken by IC continue a paternalistic pattern of action that is just a shadow of colonialism.
It's the age old white man's burden savior complex. Definitely a debate worthy od discussion IMO.
12:55 AM on 03/08/12
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
It's the age old white man's burden savior complex. Definitely a debate worthy od discussion IMO.

Has it been brought up in this thread yet?
02:15 AM on 03/08/12
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
At the end of the day, no matter what you're learning, what side you take, knowledge is power.
02:56 AM on 03/08/12
Illustratory
User Info.
As heart-wrenching the video is to watch, remember to watch it with some objectivity and rationality.

Awareness is all well and good, but when the facts being shared are exaggerated and misconstrued, then it becomes a problem.

Uganda is in a state of rebuilding after the devastation of this despicable man and his regime, but retribution shouldn't be the thing on everyone's mind, it should be rehabilitation for his victims, which numerous charities such as Warchild have been doing for years now.

Nothing good will come out of more conflict, efforts must be made to help all those affected not to hunt down the aggressor. Hopefully, this campaign will raise awareness but also those charities that make a ligitimate difference will see their resources and ability to help increase, not a not for profit that is all for glorifying a witch hunt.

Support invisible children if you want to, but I won't be because I have tried to look past the debate of the last few days and feel my help will prove more beneficial elsewhere. Just remember to look at all the facts that are raised, its only then that a sensible and reasonable debate will start to happen and only then will realistic results be produced.
07:23 AM on 03/08/12
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'd call it cynicism over douchebaggery.

They seem to corrleate more often than none around these parts anymore.
07:27 AM on 03/08/12
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Right, because he's relocated and is active in another region. Thanks for chiming in.. all things on Tumblr are correct!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos