Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 40
10:59 AM on 03/07/12
azlisa
the music or the misery
User Info.
What is Luke Bryan..
country guy! i love fun. and luke bryan. i'm weird i guess.
11:04 AM on 03/07/12
nikster
User Info.
The album itself is still in the top 10.
11:06 AM on 03/07/12
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
My little bro and his friend (both surely don't listen to any indie music and only listen to radio) both said they love the title track, so I anticipate that track will fare well as well.
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
Awesome for them!

They make amazing music, but a small part of me thinks that the only reason the managed to reach and maintain the #1 spot is because no one major (most likely any of the female popstars) haven't released anything as of yet. Lucky for them
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
So happy for them. I managed to get a few of my friends into them after hearing "We Are Young" on the radio so often.
11:08 AM on 03/07/12
butrfli1234
I'M ON FIRE
User Info.
What is Luke Bryan..

Country music still sells a shit ton of albums.
11:29 AM on 03/07/12
dani1292
@dani1292
User Info.
The song plays incessantly on the radio where I live and everyone seems to sing along when it goes on. It's incredible and it makes me happy every time.
11:49 AM on 03/07/12
mattisrawrock
Thinker
User Info.
Biggest douche post of 2012.

12:19 PM on 03/07/12
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
apparently apple used this song in their presentation for the new ipad today. that'll be another boost for em.
01:10 PM on 03/07/12
Alison1488
____
User Info.
I'd be curious to know how many people thought this was Fun.'s first album/single ever. I love that they're getting recognition now, but I am starting to get to the point where it's getting annoying to hear everyone talking about them like they've been fans since day one. I know it's a pointless thing to get irritated by, but it's just like sports. Fans come out of the woodwork when the team are doing well. Personally, I still think Aim & Ignite is a stronger album.
01:27 PM on 03/07/12
Privr005
User Info.
I'd be curious to know how many people thought this was Fun.'s first album/single ever. I love that they're getting recognition now, but I am starting to get to the point where it's getting annoying to hear everyone talking about them like they've been fans since day one. I know it's a pointless thing to get irritated by, but it's just like sports. Fans come out of the woodwork when the team are doing well. Personally, I still think Aim & Ignite is a stronger album.

fun.= best new artist of 2012
01:51 PM on 03/07/12
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
Welcome to mainstream everything. It's a sad but true fact. If it's popular, the masses think it's the cool thing to like or be into. I just don't worry about it. Enjoy the fame they are getting. I can't say which album is stronger but if "We Are Young" gets them the fame and recognition they deserve, I'll deal with the facebook statuses with "We Are Young" lyrics every day.
02:48 PM on 03/07/12
Seth Robinson
User Info.
It sucks so much we have to lower our expectations so much and be excited that a mediocre representation of a certain sound is #1 on the chart, but I guess that's mainstream music in 2012.

I'm certainly happy for fun., but it would be so much cooler if one of their best songs could make it to #1. If they were selling 6000 tickets in 24 hours due to "Benson Hedges", that would really be something beautiful.
EXACTLY. Beautifully said.
02:48 PM on 03/07/12
Alison1488
____
User Info.
Welcome to mainstream everything. It's a sad but true fact. If it's popular, the masses think it's the cool thing to like or be into. I just don't worry about it. Enjoy the fame they are getting. I can't say which album is stronger but if "We Are Young" gets them the fame and recognition they deserve, I'll deal with the facebook statuses with "We Are Young" lyrics every day.
I guess it's because I don't listen to very "mainstream" stuff that makes it to radio. It's a catch 22 where I want to see a band I love succeed, but I still want to see them at small venues and feel that intimate connection that gets lost as the capacity limit rises. But I can't help but think about if this song had not been on Glee or the radio, would people still think its great? Or is mainstream culture tricking us into liking it? Or how many albums will never get radio play or tv exposure that are utterly amazing, but will get the chance and go unnoticed. It's just an interesting beast, the music industry.
02:53 PM on 03/07/12
Seth Robinson
User Info.
Ok, we get it. They are doing well on the charts. Chart success in in no way an indicator of quality. Aim and Ignite is a superior album on all possible levels. Nate Ruess is one of the best musicians of our time, but the song that is getting them so much popularity IS incredibly mediocre.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos