Username
Password

01:09 PM on 09/29/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Huddersfield
Male - 23 Years Old
Solid first episode. I thought Helen Baxendale's character had a couple of asides that I found funniest.
02:25 PM on 09/29/12 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
The "don't worry, darling, you didn't rape me" line was great from her.
03:20 PM on 09/29/12 
User Info.
Star Slight
interesting
06:55 AM on 09/30/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Just watched the first episode, it was alright. Like others have said, a few good lines, but they're clearing just establishing the characters and setting up the situation for the next bunch of episodes. I think Cuckoo is a bit of a cliched one dimensional character, so I hope they improve on him in the next few episodes.

Otherwise, it was solid enough for me to want to watch the next couple, but not a brilliant first episode. Lots of potential though.
07:06 AM on 09/30/12 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Yeah I agree, Cuckoo himself wasn't as radical as I'd expected, just pretty cliché and annoying. Hopefully develops more.
06:30 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
The Dad, Mum and younger brother are much more interesting and funny than Cuckoo. His love speech was really poor. And Rachel is a bit of a non-entity at the moment.

Episode was solid, but similar to the first one in the sense that it had a few decent lines and some good situations, but it was just okay really. Hoping it picks up because at the moment it's just a great cast and a great premise, but not a great show.
03:28 AM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Huddersfield
Male - 23 Years Old
Yeah, I would agree on both counts there - I would like to see more of Rachel because she has been mostly overshadowed so far, and Cuckoo probably being developed more past being a vapid hippy before it gets old.
10:22 AM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
I'll keep watching, but I agree that there's not much going on, and Cuckoo is not interesting enough of a character to hold the show together for more than a season or two at most...

I hope they can develop a little more of a story line, because aside from a joke here or there, the show is kind of flat... but I like the cast and the premise so I'll stick with it
11:09 AM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Agree with all points. The funniest people are the parents and always in scenes without any of the other three members of the household. Greg Davies going to that girl's parents house to try and get her to come to the party was the funniest part.

They've missed a trick with the dynamic of the show and the relationship between Cuckoo and the dad, I thought...and think it would be far better, if rather than just being a ditzy hippy that Cuckoo actually had a sort of agenda and rivalry going on. Like he was really clever behind it all and had some competition going on with the "man of the house" in a Meet The Parents kind of way.
03:26 PM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
Maxwell
awefaeeeeeeef
wales
Male - 26 Years Old
'No...I HAVE a total dick'.
06:59 PM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
I'll keep watching, but I agree that there's not much going on, and Cuckoo is not interesting enough of a character to hold the show together for more than a season or two at most...

I hope they can develop a little more of a story line, because aside from a joke here or there, the show is kind of flat... but I like the cast and the premise so I'll stick with it

It won't last longer than that, so it's a nonissue.

Also, third episode is out there. Not sure if it already aired yet, though.
07:18 PM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Yeah, new episodes are every Tuesday on the BBC. About to watch this week's.
06:32 AM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
It won't last longer than that, so it's a nonissue.

Also, third episode is out there. Not sure if it already aired yet, though.

Yea, I agree. I don't think this show is meant to last more than a season of two, so it really isn't an issue, but if this is only gonna be a one or two season show, they need to get the ball rolling.

Albeit, I haven't watched the third episode yet. I'm still trying to find a good download link online.

Just curious how/where do you watch this show... I don't get BBC1 or whatever channel this airs on
07:18 AM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Probably my favourite episode so far. I actually enjoyed watching it more, and the characters felt like they found their place more, when the more ridiculous aspects were going on and Cuckoo and Ken were getting along so well. And that's not because they've been hating eachother so much that it felt nice to finally see them get close, because it's only three episodes in and I don't care or feel an attachment to any of the characters yet. In fact, that's the main fuck up for me, Cuckoo isn't the type of annoyance I thought he would be and they don't seem that disrupted by him bar the odd "oh please do shut up" kind of thing really. Shows they need to amp up the entire plot of the show really because it's all very safe, for what could have been a great plot.

Definitely my favourite one though so far.
07:55 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
The third episode was the best so far. Obviously any time drug use is incorporated in comedy, it's usually a good thing. But the fact that Cuckoo and Ken finally connected was what really made it, and helped the show develop a bit more. I especially liked the way it ended, with Ken sobering up and saying "Bollocks" - It'll be interesting to see where it goes from here.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos