Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 34
12:26 PM on 03/14/12
Jspence33
Bruins97
User Info.
It seems as if whenever I read a post about an up and coming pop punk band there is always a comparison or reference to old ATL.
01:40 PM on 03/14/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
It seems as if whenever I read a post about an up and coming pop punk band there is always a comparison or reference to old ATL.
I can't say I've made that comparison more than a couple times ever and I review a lot of pop punk
02:03 PM on 03/14/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Nice review. Dig this EP/band
03:34 PM on 03/14/12
SmallFrailBoy
User Info.
Holy Fuck. I can't even imagine a world where comparisons to All Time Low are favorable. That sounds like a backhanded compliment if I've ever heard one. Maybe I'm just too old though...

I like I Call Fives though. Hoping this doesn't sound like All Time Low at all.
04:26 PM on 03/14/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Holy Fuck. I can't even imagine a world where comparisons to All Time Low are favorable. That sounds like a backhanded compliment if I've ever heard one. Maybe I'm just too old though...

I like I Call Fives though. Hoping this doesn't sound like All Time Low at all.
I love old ATL songs
05:04 PM on 03/14/12
SmallFrailBoy
User Info.
I mean... to be fair, maybe kids these days think it's ok to be compared to all time low. I just remember being absolutely repulsed by that band when they came out. I'm still repulsed by them today!
05:06 PM on 03/14/12
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
The best thing about Albany NY, IC5s passes thru alot.

So stoked for the new jams and as always Thomas writes another awesome piece.
05:12 PM on 03/14/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
The best thing about Albany NY, IC5s passes thru alot.

So stoked for the new jams and as always Thomas writes another awesome piece.
<3
08:02 PM on 03/14/12
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
I mean... to be fair, maybe kids these days think it's ok to be compared to all time low. I just remember being absolutely repulsed by that band when they came out. I'm still repulsed by them today!

Haha, i understand not being a fan of their tunes, but "repulsed by that band"... cmon. Especially back in the Party Scene days- Put Up Or Shut Up, I dont see how you could be "repulsed" with what they were doing. They're great guys too, no matter how terrible the past few records have been.
05:13 AM on 03/15/12
SmallFrailBoy
User Info.
Haha, i understand not being a fan of their tunes, but "repulsed by that band"... cmon. Especially back in the Party Scene days- Put Up Or Shut Up, I dont see how you could be "repulsed" with what they were doing. They're great guys too, no matter how terrible the past few records have been.
It was the queefy hair and neon. I feel like they were one of the bands responsible for that awful, awful trend.

God damnit, your icon picture is amazing though. We can at least agree on that!
01:41 PM on 03/15/12
KenneyBN
User Info.
It was the queefy hair and neon. I feel like they were one of the bands responsible for that awful, awful trend.

God damnit, your icon picture is amazing though. We can at least agree on that!

Fair enough, I just feel like sometimes people never gave em a chance because of their image. In my opinion The Party Scene and Put Up or Shutup were pop-rock/ pop-punk gold.
Haha, and thanks, Death From Above are the bomb.
02:10 PM on 03/15/12
SmallFrailBoy
User Info.
Fair enough, I just feel like sometimes people never gave em a chance because of their image. In my opinion The Party Scene and Put Up or Shutup were pop-rock/ pop-punk gold.
Haha, and thanks, Death From Above are the bomb.
There's a bar that I adore in the East Village (NYC) called B-Side. They have the DFA1979 album on their jukebox and I always pick a few songs to drink PBR/whiskey to when I go there. It's a great album for a blackout/binge drinking session.
02:13 PM on 03/15/12
KenneyBN
User Info.
There's a bar that I adore in the East Village (NYC) called B-Side. They have the DFA1979 album on their jukebox and I always pick a few songs to drink PBR/whiskey to when I go there. It's a great album for a blackout/binge drinking session.

Haha, catch there live show sometime if you ever get the chance (if you haven't already). One of the most energetic crowds I have ever been a part of. I dont know how big they are in the USA though. Put on one good show.
02:09 PM on 03/17/12
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
User Info.
excited for the EP & full length!
09:03 AM on 03/18/12
itaketoberlin
respect the process
User Info.
Sounds like old school All Time Low? I'm interested...
word. i really only listen to three words and the party scene anymore. taking pop punk back to the basics. thats whats up. thats why i love i call fives.

paul leavitt does a pretty good job with pop punk

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version