Username
Password
This Providence News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
This Providence
Inside AP.net

This Providence EP in April

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/14/12)
Tonight, on The Gunz Show, David Blaise (This Providence) announced that the band has finished a 4-song EP and it'll be out in mid-April.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
08:17 PM on 03/14/12
smowashere
I am Groot.
User Info.
About time!
08:19 PM on 03/14/12
uglystar03
User Info.
Four songs? That's it?! Hopefully it is a precursor to an upcoming full-length!
08:20 PM on 03/14/12
ShadowOfAdakias
User Info.
So excited. Even though it's only 4 songs, it's new music from This Providence nonetheless.
08:25 PM on 03/14/12
Penguin
Twenty Centuries Of Sleep
User Info.
Hooray! Maybe since it only has four songs, the full-length will come out sooner (since those songs aren't going toward the EP). Maybe that logic is stupid, but I'd love to have a new album this year.
08:36 PM on 03/14/12
imposs1ble
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Four songs after 3 years of not releasing? Does it take 9 months to track a song? There are bands that have put out 4 releases in the past 3 years.
08:43 PM on 03/14/12
dawgkta6669
let's get weird
User Info.
4 songs? sounds more like a single than an ep
08:49 PM on 03/14/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
I think this is a smart plan as they can gauge what the response to the ep will be and keep working towards the new album.
09:23 PM on 03/14/12
hiya
User Info.
Four songs after 3 years of not releasing? Does it take 9 months to track a song? There are bands that have put out 4 releases in the past 3 years.

if you listen to the interview, it says they took 2 years off because some of them got married and to do other things. it's not like they were sitting around making music this whole time.
10:04 PM on 03/14/12
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wish it was an album ...
10:06 PM on 03/14/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I just want a throwback to their old sound on Worlds and their S/T.
10:53 PM on 03/14/12
dani1292
@dani1292
User Info.
Goods news! I hope they play some of them when I see them next month.
01:05 AM on 03/15/12
imposs1ble
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
if you listen to the interview, it says they took 2 years off because some of them got married and to do other things. it's not like they were sitting around making music this whole time.

Yeah, I admittedly did not listen to it yet, but seriously, its not like you need to orchestrate this huge event to write a song. That can be done with one person and one guitar. There just always seems to be a huge gap between their releases and that's the only reason they're still and probably always will be a lower-end mid level band. They could be huge if they could remain in the public eye, but this just seems to be how they do things. If that's how they turn out a consistently good catalog, I'm for it, but seriously, these 4 songs better be AT LEAST as good as their other stuff.
02:09 AM on 03/15/12
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
listen to the interview -
they had over 20 songs that they recorded and were ready to put out and just ended up hating them and scrapped them all.

still, positive news all around for any TP fans. I am definitely looking forward to hearing it

- Gunz
06:24 AM on 03/15/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
I'd rather refrain from listening to how obnoxious 'Gunz' is, but I was wondering if they mentioned whether their new songs are anything like 'Our World's Divorce.' that's the only way I'd be interested an anything this band does now. Their last EP and album were godawful.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums