AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Lydia News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Chat: Lydia

Posted by - 12:08 PM on 03/15/12
Update: The chat is over. Thanks a lot for hanging, Leighton!

Starting at 5PM PST, Leighton from Lydia will be here chatting in this thread. Stop on in with your questions (click the replies link) about the band's latest album Paint It Golden, Leighton's work with The Cinema, or Lydia's upcoming tour. Leighton will be chatting under the username: Leighton_Lydia, which is blue for easy recognition.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 169
12:09 PM on 03/15/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Rules for Chat
Be respectful. Don't be afraid to ask questions, but make sure that you aren't crossing any boundaries of any sort. If you have any hesitations about posting a certain question, odds are you shouldn't post it. Disrespect will not be tolerated and will be met with a deleted post and a ban.

Double, triple, and quadruple posts will be deleted, along with posts that are overly modified to get attention. No extra formatting is needed; I'm sure they can read just as well as, if not better than, most of us.

If they doesn't answer your question, feel free to ask another.

This is not a way to ask them for favors, to ask them if they'll make your voicemail message for you or visit you at your house.

Have fun. The idea is for everyone to talk together and share in a collective experience.

Some Posting Tips
Obviously you need to register for an account to participate. It's free. It's easy.

You may want to add an avatar to your account. It's that little icon by your post and it makes you stand out.

The chat takes place in the comments section of this thread -- it's just like a regular forum thread.

To reply to a post, click the "quote" link on it - and then type your reply. Simple.

To post a new reply, scroll to the bottom of the page and use either the "quick reply" box - or click the "write a comment" button.

If this is your first time on the website, remember that it may take a little getting used to - but we hope we made the experience easy for even first time posters. Hope you have a good time. Don't forget to come back daily to see what kinds of things we have going on during the day. Or follow us on twitter or facebook to not miss any important announcements.
05:00 PM on 03/15/12
Jason Gardner
facedesk.jpg
User Info.
Just wanted to hop in real quick and say what's up to Leighton, thanks for hanging with us this evening!
05:01 PM on 03/15/12
xogossipgirlxo
User Info.
When are you coming to the U.K.?
05:01 PM on 03/15/12
mydefpony
Lopez
User Info.
Why have you not come to Vegas?
05:02 PM on 03/15/12
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
No questions, just praise because Paint it Golden is the best Lydia album. Looking forward to seeing you in Tampa in a month or so, assuming I can skip class that night.
05:03 PM on 03/15/12
omgitsyvette
User Info.
When are you coming to the U.K.?

And the rest of Europe? :)
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
hi, i love you.
snbrdr491
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Paint it Golden was an amazing piece of work, but I personally loved the female vocals that past members have provided. Any plans on revisiting this in future Lydia releases? It just adds so much more depth to your music.
05:04 PM on 03/15/12
ottoman86
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Do you think you'll ever tour or play any shows with any old members such as Mindy? Also I feel you should play more AZ dates. 480 represent!
05:05 PM on 03/15/12
vnathatsme
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just wanted to say that Paint It Golden has pretty much taken over my life. It is such an amazing album & I love every single song. Totally bummed you're not stopping in Oklahoma for this next tour but was lucky to see you 2 days after the album dropped in October. Any chance there might be one last Lydia headlining tour before the year is over after the Cinema tour??
05:07 PM on 03/15/12
vnathatsme
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No questions, just praise because Paint it Golden is the best Lydia album. Looking forward to seeing you in Tampa in a month or so, assuming I can skip class that night.
Agreed I think Paint it Golden is THEIR BEST ALBUM!!
05:09 PM on 03/15/12
xogossipgirlxo
User Info.
Paint it Golden was an amazing piece of work, but I personally loved the female vocals that past members have provided. Any plans on revisiting this in future Lydia releases? It just adds so much more depth to your music.
I disagree. I believe Lydia has become more evolved throughout the years and sounds much more mature and fresh without a female vocalist.
05:10 PM on 03/15/12
maxq333
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Would you consider coming to the UK? You definitely have a fanbase over here.
05:12 PM on 03/15/12
Jamiewaa
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just wanted to say I love your work and I've been begging for Someone to go to one of your Florida shows with me. I need friends that better appreciate my love for Lydia haha they don't understand. The amount of times I listen to Lydia daily is probably unhealthy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos