AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 26
Displaying posts 375 - 380 of 380
01:22 PM on 03/18/12
bobbyblacks
User Info.
1. Justin Pierre (Motion City) - He hits notes most singers can't even think about. his ability to go seamlessly into the upper registers sets him apart from the pack
2. Anthony Green (Circa Survive/Saosin/TSOAF) - either you love him or hate him but his voice is so unique and distinct you can pick it out in like 2 bars
3. Vinnie Caruana (IATA/The Movielife) - not a traditional type of singer, he has a rough edge on his voice but his difference from the record to a live show is only noticed when he fucks up the words. he hits every note
4. Patrick Stump (Fall Out Boy)
5. Frank Ocean (Odd Future) - His voice is just one of those classic r&b voices without the traditional songs or dance moves. the power of his voice wins fans over instead of a whole production
6. Keith Buckley (ETID/The Damned Things) - Years ago this would have made no sense, but on the damned things record and ex lives buckle showed he could do more than just scream. his ability to go between the two factions definitely works in his favor as well
7. Hayley Williams (Paramore)
8. Brian Fallon (The Gaslight Anthem/Horrible Crowes) - another person with a little more gruff than silk but there's just something about him. he sounds like rock and roll every time he opens his mouth
9. Jon Simmons (Balance and Composure) - He doesn't sound like anyone else really. the depth of his voice is mainly what sets him apart. He just hits lower notes that give the exact feel of every song. he also does it in different melodies and keys than other people think of
10. Jordan Pudnik (New Found Glory) - it just seems like every pop punk singer wants to be him or stump. if he wasn't as good, steve would be writing the songs for someone else at this point
07:10 PM on 03/18/12
ChristianLFTW
That's not a nawyf. THAT'S a nawyf.
User Info.
Dallas Green
Nate Reuss
Jesse Lacey/Andy Hull tie
Mindy White/Hayley Wiliams tie
Casey Crescenzo
Aaron Marsh
Leighton Antelman
John Fransechi

Number ten was a hard choice. I had Josh, Patrick Stump, Jason Lancaster, and Brendon Urie to choose from.

EDIT: I'm really late, this was a Thursday discussion lol. And I hate to be that guy, but I find it hard to believe Mindy White got her first mention in the 26th page (besides a picture of her that nobody acknowledged). She has a hell of a voice.
10:10 PM on 03/18/12
hockey4life0099
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would add Dallas Green to this list for sure. Though I love brand new and I'm probably one of their biggest fans on the site, as a pure vocalist I wouldn't put Jesse on the list. however, if you want to add in that raw emotion, spilling it all on the table factor, I would make Jesse my number one. I think that's a whole other list though.
10:06 PM on 03/28/12
GoRadio
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
1. Jason Lancaster- Unique pronounciation, incredibly strong voice, live and recorded. Hands down my favorite. Sings with conviction and emotion.

2. Will Pugh- Look up some old youtube videos of Will showcasing his pipes. He always blows me away.

3. Kellinn Quinn- Dat range man. He's got some crazy pipes, and I love it.
09:19 AM on 04/22/12
TuskandTemper
User Info.
Tuskandtemper... You have a nautical star tat... and you like ADTR... Get outta here... LOL... Where I'm at on the map I should be a fan, especially how we keep it, but it find their music more for the kids. Finch however... reminds me of good radio rock in the mid to late 90's.

Finch should have been that radio band.
dude.. i like adtr's first and second album.. what of it?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos