1. Justin Pierre (Motion City) - He hits notes most singers can't even think about. his ability to go seamlessly into the upper registers sets him apart from the pack
2. Anthony Green (Circa Survive/Saosin/TSOAF) - either you love him or hate him but his voice is so unique and distinct you can pick it out in like 2 bars
3. Vinnie Caruana (IATA/The Movielife) - not a traditional type of singer, he has a rough edge on his voice but his difference from the record to a live show is only noticed when he fucks up the words. he hits every note
4. Patrick Stump (Fall Out Boy)
5. Frank Ocean (Odd Future) - His voice is just one of those classic r&b voices without the traditional songs or dance moves. the power of his voice wins fans over instead of a whole production
6. Keith Buckley (ETID/The Damned Things) - Years ago this would have made no sense, but on the damned things record and ex lives buckle showed he could do more than just scream. his ability to go between the two factions definitely works in his favor as well
7. Hayley Williams (Paramore)
8. Brian Fallon (The Gaslight Anthem/Horrible Crowes) - another person with a little more gruff than silk but there's just something about him. he sounds like rock and roll every time he opens his mouth
9. Jon Simmons (Balance and Composure) - He doesn't sound like anyone else really. the depth of his voice is mainly what sets him apart. He just hits lower notes that give the exact feel of every song. he also does it in different melodies and keys than other people think of
10. Jordan Pudnik (New Found Glory) - it just seems like every pop punk singer wants to be him or stump. if he wasn't as good, steve would be writing the songs for someone else at this point
Jesse Lacey/Andy Hull tie
Mindy White/Hayley Wiliams tie
Number ten was a hard choice. I had Josh, Patrick Stump, Jason Lancaster, and Brendon Urie to choose from.
EDIT: I'm really late, this was a Thursday discussion lol. And I hate to be that guy, but I find it hard to believe Mindy White got her first mention in the 26th page (besides a picture of her that nobody acknowledged). She has a hell of a voice.
I would add Dallas Green to this list for sure. Though I love brand new and I'm probably one of their biggest fans on the site, as a pure vocalist I wouldn't put Jesse on the list. however, if you want to add in that raw emotion, spilling it all on the table factor, I would make Jesse my number one. I think that's a whole other list though.
Tuskandtemper... You have a nautical star tat... and you like ADTR... Get outta here... LOL... Where I'm at on the map I should be a fan, especially how we keep it, but it find their music more for the kids. Finch however... reminds me of good radio rock in the mid to late 90's.
Finch should have been that radio band.
dude.. i like adtr's first and second album.. what of it?