Username
Password
Lost Prophets News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Lost Prophets
Inside AP.net

Clips of New Lostprophet Album

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/16/12)
You can hear 30 second clips of the new Lostprophets album, here.

Submitted by Mario57

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
11:16 AM on 03/16/12
Full Effect Ed
Nonstop Disco Powerpack
User Info.
I really like what I'm hearing from these samples
11:19 AM on 03/16/12
Darkest Blue
Don't drop your arms.
User Info.
I like what I hear as well. But it doesn't sound like we'll be getting an aggressive of an album as I was thinking we would. But prophets have never let me down before so I remain hopeful
11:29 AM on 03/16/12
The Raine
on this sinking night
User Info.
They're never short on massive choruses.
11:32 AM on 03/16/12
Tom1911
User Info.
Sounding better than what I originally expected.
And yeah, those choruses are huge.
11:47 AM on 03/16/12
makeasound
start appreciating yourself
User Info.
This is one of my most-anticipated for the year, and these clips are reinforcing that.
12:13 PM on 03/16/12
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
I can't listen to them on my phone but as it is I'm on the fence. I did like The Betrayed but the first single from this mostly sounds like a retread of their earlier hits, and the other song they've released is basically how Papa Roach sounded ten years ago. They could still write a catchy chorus in their sleep though.
12:16 PM on 03/16/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
We Bring An Arsenal sounds huge! Pretty stoked they don't half write a catchy song. Even over here in the UK they aren't as big as they used to be but I hope they can bring it back with this album.
01:04 PM on 03/16/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Used to love these guys way back when.
01:16 PM on 03/16/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
Sounds like it'll be a more consistent effort than Betrayed (which to me sounded like a b-side album)

Betrayed disappointed me after all the long wait.

One thing thats got me is the lyrics sound pretty damn awful.

Lostprophets used to be my absolute favourite band and I think their first three albums, while different, were all very strong with few filler.

This may not sound as heavy as people want but it sounds like it has a lot more harks back to Start Something stuff on it from the sound of it
01:17 PM on 03/16/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
This is one of my most-anticipated for the year, and these clips are reinforcing that.
This album has really crept up on me. LP records are always among my most anticipated records.

That said there are very few bands I get that excited about new albums for anymore.
01:26 PM on 03/16/12
PetitnaindesĪles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Actually i won't listen to the regular album tracks previews (though i'm glad to hear people like them) but The Dead (Garage Sessions) , Save Yourself (Garage Sessions) and If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything (Garage Sessions) sound HUGE and make me want to forget The Betrayed even existed. They need to release this scrapped "heavy" album instead of putting out some songs once a year !
01:38 PM on 03/16/12
eddieL182
User Info.
Damn that sounds good.. I didnt even know they had a new one coming otu. I"ll be picking that up for sure!
02:41 PM on 03/16/12
WarEagle84
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Blast from the past for me. I forgot about these guys as I haven't listened to them since I got their CD yeeeeeeears ago.
Last Train Home was their only official single right?
Either way, gonna have to check this one out once I can hear more of it.
02:49 PM on 03/16/12
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
Actually i won't listen to the regular album tracks previews (though i'm glad to hear people like them) but The Dead (Garage Sessions) , Save Yourself (Garage Sessions) and If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything (Garage Sessions) sound HUGE and make me want to forget The Betrayed even existed. They need to release this scrapped "heavy" album instead of putting out some songs once a year !
It'd be interesting to hear what the scrapped music sounded like before John Feldmann got his hands on it, at least. I think the main reason it happened was because he went behind their backs and plastered it with sound effects and extra instruments and stuff.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests