Username
Password

02:06 AM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
Ismael182
I'd love to turn you on
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
Could you believe that it is possible that we don't need food? Has anyone ever heard of breatharianism? The belief that humans don't need food or water, that we could live on purely the energy in sunlight. There's been one case of a breatharian couple raising a child.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p5ewQ9Z-7g It's crazy to believe, but people have fasted throughout history for up to 40 days or even more. How about the idea of caloric restriction or intermittent fasting? You eat one day and you dont the next..or you could eat once a day instead of three instead. You'll lose more weight, for one thing.

I'm sure there are some of you that don't eat three meals a day. Personally, I've eaten once a day for long periods of time because I'd get up in the afternoon..take a shower then chill a little before going to work. I'd come back around 10 or so..eat, then eventually go to sleep between 3-5 in the morning. Or i'd eat before work and maybe snack a little bit after. Lately though, at a newer job I eat at work on break and sometimes eat before or after work, before 4pm or after midnight and I feel fine and healthy. I probably have about 10% body fat that I've maintained since starting this awhile ago. I've met someone whose more radical though. He's fasted at first for 3 days, a week, then 12 days. I know him pretty well and he's healthy too. He's not someone who would lie to me, and believe him when he says he's done it because he has no reason to lie to me about something he feels strongly about.

When we're our hungry, we have cravings. Is it that crazy to think that hunger could be an addiction? Overweight people, for instance could say they crave food like an addiction like someone would crave for their cigarrette or an alchoholic would crave his liquor.

Plants get their food from photosynthesis, off the energy of the sun. Is it too insane to think that people could evolve to do the same? People could start with not eating meat and slaughtering animals and make their way from meat-eaters to vegetarians to vegans to simply feeding off sunlight. No more world hunger.

I'm sure no one wants to stop eating, I don't. But if it gets in the way of being happy and troubling your life cause your either too fat or too poor, then why not try? You'll eventually condition your mind to crave less and less. It's all in your mind and what you tell yourself to believe, and you could do it without seriously harming yourself. I'm not saying everyone should try though, it's very possible some people could get too frightened that they are starving themselves and actually do it. I guess it would depend on each self's mindpower to believe. Hell you could do anything you wanted if you really set your mind to it.
02:41 AM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
ModernArtillery
That wasn't the Final Problem
Sydney, Australia
Female - 22 Years Old
certainly you can train your body to send less hunger signals. but everything else posted is complete bullshit.

Quote:
Plants get their food from photosynthesis, off the energy of the sun. Is it too insane to think that people could evolve to do the same?
what the hell. yes it is too insane.

please go read a biology text book.
03:01 AM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
Florence76
No Avatar Selected
Female - 27 Years Old
I think we will die without food!
03:27 AM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 23 Years Old
certainly you can train your body to send less hunger signals. but everything else posted is complete bullshit.

what the hell. yes it is too insane.

please go read a biology text book.
/thread
05:01 AM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
E=MCHAMMER
bottled
Male - 21 Years Old
I certainly enjoy taking a dump way too much to entertain these nonsense theories.
05:23 AM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
As a biology major this makes complete sense.
05:41 AM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
bamsamurai
smokin my kush, readin Corinthians
Male - 28 Years Old
Lies. It would be physically impossible to live without egg rolls.
05:56 AM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
roughroads
Sometimes you gotta pee in the sink
Winnipeg, MB
Male
I could do it.
06:10 AM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
Amongster
Still On The Sand
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
06:14 AM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
12!21fightchoke
something witty
New Jersey
Female - 22 Years Old
I had taco bell yesterday.
06:18 AM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
Forever.Zero
all glory to ...
Ontario, Canada
Male
Why would eating get in the way of being happy? hence 'comfort food'.
06:28 AM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
COREhorizon
Get Free
Bethlehem, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
Our muscles can make ATP through lactic acid fermentation

felt like saying that
07:06 AM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
brook183
@brooks_an
Southgate, MI
Male - 23 Years Old
And maybe if we all just stick our dicks in the mud we won't have to have sex anymore either!
07:13 AM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
WilliamCParke
Death Of The Party
Cardiff, UK
Male - 26 Years Old
I forgot to comment on the bold part.
While I'm well aware this thread is a massive troll I also can't believe anyone would fall for such ridiculous logic, if we can even call it that. I'm a vegetarian and if I could let go of my insane addiction to ice cream and cheese, I'd be a vegan. I can guarantee you no vegan would progress into a person following that absolutely idiotic theory. There are plenty of plants and natural resources that can eradicate world hunger, that's been proven time and time again. Starving yourself is completely ridiculous and I cant believe I just wasted time contributing to this thread.

Same here. I love cheese more than most things. Vegan cheese isn't the same either.
07:27 AM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
Austin, TX
Male - 28 Years Old
read this everyone, great read. a guy who fasted on nothing but beer and water for 40 days.

http://blogs.menshealth.com/health-h...iet/2011/04/30

and as for me, I am a foodie and love food too much, I was in tears because i was so hungry after work the other night and resisted eating shitty food. Im not overweight but could stand to lose a few pounds but its hard to have the willpower to diet.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos