From the Tricorn building concrete complex of our home town Portsmouth built in the '60s as part of the Brutalism movement. It was voted as the ugliest building in the UK and was demolished in 2004.
The ugliest brutal concrete building fits perfectly with our heavy rock sound and attitude. Also, we use the image of a Tricorn with our album artwork, which we represent as a unicorn with 3 horns.
2. How did this band get started?
Our Drummer wanted to form a new project back in 2008 and play heavy Stoner Rock, we all knew each other from various bands and somehow got together in a home studio and started playing.
We haven't stopped since.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Sabbath, Alice in Chains, Motorhead, Kyuss, Fu Manchu, Hendrix to name a few, but we generally have very different musical influences and somehow each one of us brings something new to the table.
Punk, Classic Rock, Stoner Rock, Blues. They all express us in various ways.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Any industry manufactured X-Factor pop group, just to show them what it feels like to play loud and heavy with real instruments every night and not with playback or pitch correction tricks.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Anything, as long as it's combined with beer and Jack Daniels.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Most bands today seem to have one or two main influences that categorise their music style. With us, we have at least ten different ones, so usually we seem to satisfy a much wider portion of the crowd.
Groove and energy are our main key ingredients.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Lemmy from Motorhead. He is stronger than any athlete out there simply because even though he is in his 60s, he is still alive and able to rock and party every single night!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
We would not get involved with such music industry mechanisms anyway. It's not for us.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Eliminate the "Single" approach that record labels have. A band should try to write equally strong songs on an album, not just one "Hit" and the rest "fillers".
In the 70's, labels used to give time to artists in order to develop their style, song-writing and understand the studio recording process. The crisis that the record labels experience right now has somehow been created from themselves, as a result of greed for quick success.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Trying to get to Athens, Greece, last summer for a 4-day Tour while riots and strikes were taking place. It was complete chaos but the crowd's response was amazing!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It means expression of freedom and a great way to discover new music!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Step Outside. It makes you feel like a man!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Guns 'n Roses and Nirvana every day on the radio.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to turn all TV's into books because people need to start using their imagination again.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We never have a rehearsal the day of a gig. Lucky T-shirts are always worn.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We love playing subbuteo.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
With the fast evolution of technology, online radio station numbers has increased dramatically. This has lead to very good radio stations and shows that specialise in various genres of music.
It is a very healthy and promising situation because people are always eager to hear new and fresh bands.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Sit down with a large group of good friends and talk all night long.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Our guitarist can sing Italian Opera, our drummer can beat anyone on console football games and our singer can cook better than Gordon Ramsay.