Username
Password

09:35 PM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
As many know, the past weekend was my birthday weekend. It wasn't amazing by any means, but I did manage to get a phone number. That did brighten up my memory of my birthday so that was good.
Anyway, usually I call the next day, but that doesn't really work the way I want it to. So I'm thinking of waiting 6 days. If she forgets who I am, which is doubtful, then it wasn't meant to be.

I know she's probably thinking "why hasn't he called" and I'm not trying to make her feel bad, but I really just want her to be relieved when I actually call. I hope this relationship works, but hey i'm jumping the gun. So far it's been 2 days. Friday will be day 6. Should I keep you informed? Any advice? Should I just screw the waiting and call ASAP? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks
12:14 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
chiefjordo
Go Gophers!
I see no reason to intentionally wait. Lots of people think calling the next day seems desperate or something, but couldn't it also just mean that you really enjoyed the interaction?

Seems to me you're over-thinking it. Call when you want to call, and like you kinda said, if it's meant to be it'll happen, and when you call won't matter much.
01:31 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
meow
Pure Imagination
Draper
Male
You should call her, like a day or two makes sense. But if it's going on almost a week you should call her. However if she asks why you didn't call sooner be prepared to play it coi like a fish.
01:44 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
AroundSurviving
Making Friends is Never Logical
Long Island, NY
Male - 25 Years Old
I usally wait one day and that has yet to fail me. But how was the night? was she hammered off her ass? how long were you hanging out with her? alot of things to take into consideration but I feel 6 days is way to long.
04:17 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
CastlesXClouds
Relax
San Diego,...
Male
go watch Swingers. it'll teach you everything you need to know.
05:44 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
mattisrawrock
Thinker
Virginia
Male - 25 Years Old
3 days man. 3 days.
06:38 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
Tautou107
drink liquid clocks til i see god
Female - 22 Years Old
6 days is far too long
06:57 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
birdman
Don't hold your breath
Atlanta, Ga
Male
As many know, the past weekend was my birthday weekend. It wasn't amazing by any means, but I did manage to get a phone number. That did brighten up my memory of my birthday so that was good.
Anyway, usually I call the next day, but that doesn't really work the way I want it to. So I'm thinking of waiting 6 days. If she forgets who I am, which is doubtful, then it wasn't meant to be.

I know she's probably thinking "why hasn't he called" and I'm not trying to make her feel bad, but I really just want her to be relieved when I actually call. I hope this relationship works, but hey i'm jumping the gun. So far it's been 2 days. Friday will be day 6. Should I keep you informed? Any advice? Should I just screw the waiting and call ASAP? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

Call her when you have something for her, like a date or something. Don't call her just to talk, you will use up all your good material before you actually meet up in person.

So it's ok to wait a few days and call her with an invitation for coffee or dinner or something, but don't call her with nothing.

My $.02
07:08 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
Central New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
dont overthink it. If you feel like there was something there, why wait? 6 days is way too long. Girls tend to get impatient and will hop on other meatrods.
07:14 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
Hudson County, NJ
Male
You're cheating on Ginny you fuck?!?
07:39 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
mms13
should i say something sensational?
Baltimore, MD
Male - 26 Years Old
Call? First of all, as depressing as this is, calling is dead. If you call her, I GUARANTEE she ignores your call. The world of dating has converted to texting. Texting is so much more casual and you don't have to worry about all this "how long should I wait" bullshit. Text her, right now.
08:22 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
jeremyc
it was my only wish to rise
Oakland, CA
Male - 28 Years Old
go watch Swingers. it'll teach you everything you need to know.

And on that note..

08:25 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
Anaheim,California
Male - 20 Years Old
6 days seems a bit too long for me.
08:25 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
ellie117
EAGLES, Phillies, Flyers, tacos.
south jersey
Female - 24 Years Old
A guy asked for my number Monday of last week. I gave it to him. Still have yet to hear and it kinda bums me out. Don't ask for a girl's number if you're not going to act on it. The next day might be a bit much, but don't wait too long. Give it 3 days or so. 6 might be pushing it.
08:39 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
ive never found myself in this situation. im bad on the phone so i dont even know what id do

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos