Username
Password
The Used News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Used
Inside AP.net

The Used Release 2 New Songs, Confirm Warped

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (03/20/12)
Listen to two new songs from The Used: "Shine" and "Put Me Out." The band has also confirmed that they will be on Warped Tour this summer.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 98
06:28 AM on 03/20/12
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
User Info.
These songs are so fucking terrible and for some reason that makes me sort of happy. Ever since Bert came out with that embarrassing diatribe blaming the label for the last album being bad and talking up how this one was going to be sooooo much better I anticipated the music proving him wrong. AND HERE IT IS!
06:29 AM on 03/20/12
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
They're still relevant?
06:32 AM on 03/20/12
TooOLDforAP.Net
User Info.
These songs are so fucking terrible and for some reason that makes me sort of happy. Ever since Bert came out with that embarrassing diatribe blaming the label for the last album being bad and talking up how this one was going to be sooooo much better I anticipated the music proving him wrong. AND HERE IT IS!

Couldn't have said it better myself!
06:32 AM on 03/20/12
mms13
User Info.
Decent songs after 1 listen each. "Shine" sounds a lot like something off Artwork, which I wasn't a big fan of. The stream quality of "Put Me Out" on the Hurley site is awful, I'll probably enjoy that one a lot more on the album. Sick guitar riff.

I'll still always love The Used because their first 3 albums were awesome, but I'll admit they have gone downhill.
06:36 AM on 03/20/12
BruceWayne
User Info.
I like these songs much more then the other two tracks released thus far....
06:38 AM on 03/20/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
I'll admit they have gone downhill.

it's nothing you have to admit. it's just fact.

"Shine" is the best track they've released so far though and it still isn't good.
06:39 AM on 03/20/12
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
grungy dirty pop
not really my thing but it sounds exactly like he described it
06:40 AM on 03/20/12
providence36
generator ^ first floor
User Info.
06:44 AM on 03/20/12
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.
Decent songs after 1 listen each. "Shine" sounds a lot like something off Artwork, which I wasn't a big fan of. The stream quality of "Put Me Out" on the Hurley site is awful, I'll probably enjoy that one a lot more on the album. Sick guitar riff.

I'll still always love The Used because their first 2 albums were awesome, but I'll admit they have gone downhill.

fixed. And even that's generous. I'd say self-titled was awesome, ILAD was pretty good, and LFTL was the beginning of the end for this band
06:46 AM on 03/20/12
mattplayscheap
plays with squirrels
User Info.
I feel like when he stopped screaming is when they started sounding bad. They lack all the aggression they had on the first few releases. I enjoyed how they'd have those rough/harder sounding songs then have one or two softer/pop like songs it balanced them well. They just aren't that good at writing pop sounding songs. Its not them. Its like Nirvana writing a powerpop album.
06:47 AM on 03/20/12
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
I never loved the Used. But they always manage to have 2-4 songs on each record that are great pop songs, surrounded by all sorts of mediocrity. Still waiting on the greatness from this album...
06:55 AM on 03/20/12
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Enjoy the first two songs i heard (I Come Alive, Hands And Faces) but Shine is just... poor. Put Me Out seemed good, even if the quality is fucking abysmal.
Agree with whoever said the first two albums were great, but the last two were mainly average with one or two good songs hidden in there.
06:57 AM on 03/20/12
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
User Info.
Nothing special, but I don't hate it either.
07:01 AM on 03/20/12
brent_ster
My Dinosaur Life
User Info.
These are terrible, everything I've heard from this album is garbage so far.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests