AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Valencia News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Shane from Valencia Speaks Out About Band Breakup, Warped Tour

Posted by - 05:44 PM on 03/20/12
Shane from Valencia recently spoke at length about the future of Valencia, how hard it is to get on Warped Tour, touring solo and opening a studio for bands to record in.
ExcerptTo put up with some of the shit we put up with, you definitely have to have your heart in it. The music industry is a rough fucking place and everybody who's in it knows that. ... I don't think the breakup of Valencia is for good and I don't think any of the other guys think this is for good...hopefully sometime down the line we can get back into it and see what we can do after taking a little bit of a break. ... I just want to be a part of Warped Tour, it's the perfect opportunity, it's the perfect time. They have an acoustic stage and it just makes complete sense to me to be on that and be a part of it."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 61
05:57 PM on 03/20/12
basselmudarris
The sun will forever keep rising.
User Info.
He's right, the music industry is real rough. If anyone read Shane's post immediately after Valencia broke, you'd know about the shit they put him through, essentially forcing him to lose 50 lbs. in 2 weeks. Here it is for anyone who didn't read it.
05:57 PM on 03/20/12
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
I don't know why Kevin wont add him? Of all of the "side stage" acts, he would be the one I would be most excited for
06:00 PM on 03/20/12
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
He's right, the music industry is real rough. If anyone read Shane's post immediately after Valencia broke, you'd know about the shit they put him through, essentially forcing him to lose 50 lbs. in 2 weeks. Here it is for anyone who didn't read it.
That's fucking stupid. Can't believe record labels still think something like that is relevant.

"Hey do you like Valencia?"
"Nah leader singer is kinda chubby"
"Oh ya"

WHO THINKS LIKE THIS. Columbia records apparently.
06:02 PM on 03/20/12
ACA
Next Show: Balance&Composure 12/27
User Info.
Man, you have to have some metabolism to drop 50lbs in 14 days by only eating 500 calories and only running 2 miles. In fact, I don't believe it.

Not that that is healthy, anyway. And neither was signing to a label that put that in your contract.

I'm thankful Shane made those sacrifices, though. Their 2005 and 2008 records are some of the finest full-lengths to come out of my scene since.. well.. ever.

Good luck, Shane. I won't be remembered in 100 years, but maybe you will. And maybe all your sacrifices will be worth it.. no one is remembered without them.

Hope to see you at.. PNC Bank Arts Arena (WTF, Warped Tour?).
06:07 PM on 03/20/12
ACA
Next Show: Balance&Composure 12/27
User Info.
That's fucking stupid. Can't believe record labels still think something like that is relevant.

"Oh ya"

Very relevant. Smart move by Columbia.
06:12 PM on 03/20/12
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
i loved doing this interview.

- Gunz
06:16 PM on 03/20/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't know why Kevin wont add him? Of all of the "side stage" acts, he would be the one I would be most excited for

It's more than likely already booked. He's literally six months late...
06:17 PM on 03/20/12
anamericangod
User Info.
He doesn't have a gimmick, so I would imagine getting on Warped would be difficult.
06:20 PM on 03/20/12
kskillzz
User Info.
Seems like a super legit dude. Just tweeted Kevin Lyman to try to help him out on the warped thing.
06:25 PM on 03/20/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.

"Oh ya"

I'd say every single major label, and a majority of indie labels and managers, think this way. Oh, and humans.
06:25 PM on 03/20/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
He doesn't have a gimmick, so I would imagine getting on Warped would be difficult.
I know this was sarcastic and bitter, but I want to make a mean comment about you liking TBS, other bands, being on Warped
06:31 PM on 03/20/12
btown4life
User Info.
Man, you have to have some metabolism to drop 50lbs in 14 days by only eating 500 calories and only running 2 miles. In fact, I don't believe it.

Not that that is healthy, anyway. And neither was signing to a label that put that in your contract.

I'm thankful Shane made those sacrifices, though. Their 2005 and 2008 records are some of the finest full-lengths to come out of my scene since.. well.. ever.

Good luck, Shane. I won't be remembered in 100 years, but maybe you will. And maybe all your sacrifices will be worth it.. no one is remembered without them.

Hope to see you at.. PNC Bank Arts Arena (WTF, Warped Tour?).
wait, PNC? well that sucks.

But the lineup actually sounds alright so far, and I would really love to see Shane on the acoustic stage.
06:35 PM on 03/20/12
neo506
thy foes profanely rage
User Info.
music industry sucks unless youre the dude from nevershoutnever
06:35 PM on 03/20/12
Jared Luttrell
VA punk pop.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Shane definitely deserves to be on warped a lot more than the majority of these flavor of the week bands.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos