Password
This Thread is Closed.

01:09 AM on 03/27/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Lee Corvallo's Putting Challenge
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
maybe the knicks can get kirilenko from russia?
12:28 PM on 03/27/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
sounds like its a lot worse than we originally thought

hahahha. its these things that make you so happy that youtube exists
06:38 PM on 03/28/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
At the nets game....exciting stuff here
11:36 AM on 03/29/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
so i was taking a look at the 50-60 best players in the nba right now and wanted to see how many of them were straight out of HS or 1 and done...and i think i learned from this that the "forced 1 year rule" is silly and not needed. I used two lists and had about 60 current solid players in the nba...23 of them are HS or 1 and done, and 27 of them are 2+ years in college, and 10 of them are from overseas (typically with overseas professional experience).

i think they should revoke the system and do a thing where you can either declare out of high school OR if you go to a universtiy you have to at least stay for two years. So you either think you're so good that you should go to the draft right away or if you think you can use seasoning, you have to at least committ 2 years to college. boom.
03:52 PM on 03/29/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
how many came right out of high school and didn't transition well?

well i took a look at the draft since 1995....and i think i counted 40 players have been drafter straight out of high school 1st or 2nd round.

17 of them are superstars (good to great players...like Kendrick perkins is good so i counted him)
9 of them were good for a year or two, but remain in the league as role players off the bench (eddy curry, amir johnson, deshawn st)
14 of them are busts. this could mean from out of the league to barely getting off the bench (kwame, webster, diop etc)

so 17 out of 40 are legit stars in the NBA. that's not bad. considering how many players in the first round from college arent even in the league anymore.

im not sure of how many high school players declare for the draft and go un-drafted.
04:21 PM on 03/29/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
here are all the players from 1995-2005 that came out of high school:

some are stars, some are starters, lots are busts. i disagree with being able to come out straight from high school. how many of those players took several years to eventually get better? it took bynum 2 years to average 10+ points and 7+ rebounds

i disagree with lots of busts...compared to how many actual busts their are every year in the first 20 picks that come straight out of college, in comparrison its really not that bad. And yes you have to take the time in developing a player...and that's up to the team. If you want to pick a high schooler, be prepared that it might take some time to develop them. a Year of college does that? it's the same thing. 26 out of 40 players are either stars, starters, or bench players. thats not that bad.
12:17 PM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
what if howard goes out the next few games and has monster nights?
08:51 AM on 04/16/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
you know, I was looking at the NBA predictions thread.... based on that thread we'd all have to agree that the most dissapointing team of the year has to be Portland followed by Golden State.

i think 95% of you guys had Portland in the playoffs...either as an 8 seed or even higher. Houston has to be the most surprising. only like 2 people had them in (if they make it)

everyone pretty much nailed the chalk east (unless you tried to be wacky)
10:29 PM on 04/16/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
damn...a bunch of easy game for the 76ers left but the final 5 games are ALL ON THE ROAD? WHAT IN THE "WHO THE HELL DID THE SCHEDULING" IS THAT ALL ABOUT?
09:54 AM on 04/19/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
expansion is a terrible idea... you definitely do not need more crap in this league. seattle and anaheim are just in line for the next teams that end up leaving. there are plenty of teams to relocate too. besides re-location is better than expansion because you give a new city a half-decent team rather than a garbage team for half a decade.

and yeah sorry bucks. bucks now obviously have to go 4-0
09:58 AM on 04/19/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
the west race is pretty exciting...by the end of the night we could have three teams with the same record for the 8th seed. (i still tink the nba would be better with an NFL style of playoffs) But this is still exciting because i consider the Suns, Jazz and Rockets to all be relatively equal in talent.
10:25 AM on 04/19/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
I hate Wade, but I like LBJ a lot.

I like the idea of a expansion. A lot. haha.
who benefits from having MORE "eh-bad" teams? like people have mentioned...especially since superstars are picking and choosing which markets they want to collaborate in..there just arent enough good enough players to fill this many teams

i would be in favor of eliminating 2 teams before adding them. the league would benefit from eliminating the bobcats and hawks from the nba
01:16 PM on 04/19/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
the only "wacky" rule that i think the NBA would benefit from is...

"if the team drafts you, and you become a free agent, and they match any other teams offer than the player must stay (kind of like restricted, franchise tag)" and they can only do this the first time the player is a free agent. pretty simple... it allows players to do what they want after 6-7 years with a team.
09:24 PM on 04/19/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
rockets rockets rockets, i think it might just be best if you guys sit this one out
11:24 PM on 04/19/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
nuggets/suns on saturday should be some exciting must watch basketball

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music