Username
Password

Comments: Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 150 of 232
05:27 PM on 03/22/12
Amongster
Still In Last Place
User Info.
Smashing Pumpkins' Earphoria is pretty bangin'.
05:29 PM on 03/22/12
CavanaughPark
Hey, I'm doing alright.
User Info.
The Format has some of the best live recordings in the world.
05:33 PM on 03/22/12
bobbyblacks
User Info.
jacks mannequin is always great I was addicted to jacksmannequin.org for awhile. Does anyone have a link for jesse lacey I googled it and got nothing.

Great list

Anyone have a working link for the download of Jesse Lacey Live at the downtown...I would looove to download that, but can't find a working download link...

and to anyone else its http://www.mediafire.com/?axxds3bkves
05:38 PM on 03/22/12
arson
User Info.
I used to love live CD/DVD combo's when I was younger, but I think that's because I didn't go to as many concerts back then. Muse's H.A.A.R.P. is the best in my opinion. So so good.
05:41 PM on 03/22/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
How have I never heard of this Jesse Lacey Bootleg before.

Aksi really wish I could get hold of Dustin's
05:46 PM on 03/22/12
ignition
Between the lines of age
User Info.
Neil Young - Live at Massey Hall, and Jackson Browne - Solo Acoustic vol. 1 are two of my favorite albums ever.
05:53 PM on 03/22/12
zooyorker182
Johnny Quest thinks we're what?!
User Info.
Fenix TX - Purple Reign in Blood Live was always one of my favorites. MTTS is hands down the best in my opinion.
05:53 PM on 03/22/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
Also TBS live from Orensanz is one of my favourite live albums. Sometimes bands seem to put them out for the sake of it but that one was really really good.
Also Panic At The Disco Live in Chicago is pretty good. bought it as a present for my girlfriend, gave it a listen and kept it (she never did cds anyway)

Its jsut really cool to hear how they adapted all their older stuff to their new style.

RHCP at Hyde Park is awesome. And its got a few nice covers and rare songs on.

I like the Say Anything acoustic one.

Anyone who has not seen the Bullet In A Bible DVD by Green Day really should regardless of how they feel about the band because that was just a fantastic show.

While on DVDs RHCP's Off The Map is also fantastic, its Chilis but loud and punked up.

But nothing can really compete with The Who's Live @ Leeds. Its just got soo much energy to it. You can hear the chaos through the speakers
05:55 PM on 03/22/12
ibelieveinjake
i have a headache
User Info.
Bon Iver - Live at the Riverside Theatre (bootleg)
Circa Survive's Myspace Transmissions EP
Dashboard's - MTV Unplugged
John Mayer - Where the Light Is (rivals Continuum for my favorite music he's ever released)

Also, pretty much any radio appearance/bootleg of Ryan Adams playing acoustic or with the Cardinals. The man is pure genius through and through.
05:56 PM on 03/22/12
thisisadisaster
RICK FROM ALABAMA
User Info.
quoting myself, but if you want to love yourself check this out. best live album i have ever heard in my entire life oh my good god it is good.
06:01 PM on 03/22/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
Also I think im am the only person in the whole world that finds the guitar sound on Nirvana Unplugged really grating.

Also Guilty pleaseure. But my dad is a huge Billy Joel fan and I love his 2000 years concert.
06:09 PM on 03/22/12
Oskarr
I've Got Time To Kill
User Info.
Hearing a live album or watching a live DVD only makes me want to be at the show/concert that much more. Though honestly, between listening to a life album or a studio recording, I'd prefer the studio recording. Hearing something live should be experienced, not just heard through your earbuds or speakers.

Edit: AFI's I Heard A Voice is phenomenal, though. The only one I could give credit to.
06:18 PM on 03/22/12
kemppettyjohn
Pilot Jones, Pilot Jones
User Info.
It sounds great because it was a huge rehearsal, not a real start to finish concert. Pretty sure multiple songs were played multiple times so they could pick and choose recordings.
Well, regardless, I enjoyed listening to it.
06:19 PM on 03/22/12
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Reasons I love Live Albums:

1. Alice in Chains- Unplugged (Nuff said)
2. Appreciate how tight the band is when playing difficult material (ABR: Home)
3. Recordings that fell flat are brought back to life by stellar live performances (songs from Arrivals and Departures on Silverstein's Decade release)
4. Acoustic prowess and other side of band is able to be showcased (Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Foo Fighters' live albums).
5. When watching a DVD, the crowd aspect just gets you majorly pumped up for a show (Parkway Drive's Home especially comes to mind).
6. Sheer talent all around (Thrice)
06:32 PM on 03/22/12
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
John Mayer's "Where The Light Is: Live From Los Angeles" is miles above most live albums

I also like:
Dispatch - The Last Dispatch
Nirvana - MTV Unplugged
Taking Back Sunday - Live From Orensanz
Bruce Springsteen - Live 1978-85
Thrice - Live At The House Of Blues

live albums can be great. it's amazing how few of them I love though

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music